10 Worst Toys for 2007
    http://www.toysafety.org/worstToyList_index.html

W.A.T.C.H.'s annual "10 Worst Toys" list nominates representative toys with the potential to cause childhood injuries, or even death. W.A.T.C.H.'s annual "Toy Conference" has generated extensive national press and media coverage. Because of these efforts, and the positive response from both the media and the public, there have been many toy and product design changes. Founder Edward M. Swartz and W.A.T.C.H. have fearlessly exposed potentially dangerous toys to the general public. As a result, children’s lives have been saved.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

PM-ed you a marketing idea (based on the above), Rhia.

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    http://www.toysafety.org/toy8.html

But-but-but, that stuff is fun!
    (Never mind that the chemical smell is enough to knock you out)
    It disappeared from shelves here over 20 years ago. I thought they didn't make it anymore...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I don't know if this qualifies as a toy, but this item will probably get your @ss handed to you by a bear, which should qualify as one of the more dangerous gifts for Xmas 2007..... http://www.bearscare.info/index_eng.htm

Oh, and as for the b'loonies party pack...... that looks like something I would have enjoyed as a little kid, but as a parent, that gives me goose pimples, thinking it is out there, being sold.
    Last edited by Thomas A. Rice; November 14th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

The last realistic looking toy guns were still being made and marketed when my brother was a little boy. His toy guns looked real. He had a realistic looking machine gun, a toy AK47, and a variety of hand guns/cap guns that looked all too real.

I'll never forget when each boy at one of his birthday parties received a toy cap gun too realistic for the parents. The parents made their sons bring the guns back to us.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia,

I was actually stopped by the cops back in the early 80's for shooting some old blue hair with one of those....I'm not sure who got scared more her or me lol

I used to love that b'loonie stuff as a kid, it had a really nice smell (well I thought so anyway) and it was pink and very fascinating!

I managed to break the tip of my finger (and lose the nail) slamming my finger in a BB rifle, and that was probably the last time I picked one up again.

Sigh... life was so much simpler when I was growing up in the 80's. I got more injuries just running and falling, or getting wacked in the head playing soccer with the boys, and most of my toys were probably rather dangerous. Metal ball-bearings ranging from golf ball size to ant size were a seasonal favorite, spray on hair paint was a big thing and almost all of us (boys and girls) had He-Man swords. Plus I had a sister 5 years above me who would force cloves into my mouth and inflict other torture when I gave her trouble! I STILL can't smell or see cloves without thinking about that, 20 odd years later.

P.S. Those Bear Scarers would make pretty cool anti-mugger sticks!

http://www.toysafety.org/toy4.html

Warnings: “THIS IS AN ELECTRIC LAMP – NOT A TOY! TO AVOID RISK OF FIRE, BURNS, PERSONAL INJURY AND ELECTRIC SHOCK, IT SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED WITH OR PLACED WHERE SMALL CHILDREN CAN REACH IT.”
    They COULD play with it, just unplug it first. :|

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rox Bradnick
    P.S. Those Bear Scarers would make pretty cool anti-mugger sticks!
    Yeah, except for the part where the mugger SHOOTS you, lol.

I can remember, as a child ( the 60s ), having a vial of Mercury I had acquired form the Chemistry department at IU. That liquid looked so cool, rolling around in my hand like that..... I have attributed the occaisional twitch to a seventeen year marriage, hehe, but maybe it's source goes back a bit further!!!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread