hiding affiliate links
    Is there a good program out there that allows you to hide your affiliate links. If so, does it work with all of the affiliate networks?
    Instead of showing merchantsite .com/ bannerid123&4567, it would show something like: mysite .com/ merchantsite and then be redirected tot the affiliate link.
    Thanks,
    BarneyRubble

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Why don't you do a redirect? Saves the need for a program. I do javascript redirects. You could also do a .htaccess redirect but I don't take the time to do those.

You can also use php to redirect to the merchants site. Here is a sample code:

<?php
    header("Location:http://www.youraffiliatecodehere");
    ?>

You then name this php file whatever you want, usually the name of the product, merchant or whatever.

You can also use php to create a database containing all your affiliate links instead of just one for each product.

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Why don't you do a redirect? Saves the need for a program. I do javascript redirects. You could also do a .htaccess redirect but I don't take the time to do those.
    Is use redirect, but I have heard people take about "javascript redirects" as ProWebAddict stats above can someone provide me with information on how to do this or point me to a page/site wheir I can learn more about this.......

Thank you.........

I am not a programmer, so I would need to tell him where to find the code. Do you have to manually create a redirect for each link? Can you place the code in the website and have it automatically create the redirect links?

I have a coupon site and i have a field for the destination page of the merchant that I input the url. I have another field for the display of the link like: $10 off a $40 purchase. Is there a way to auto-create these re-dierects for the url?

Does cj, linkshare, performics, etc allow for javascript cloaking or ht access?

No Longer Banned!
    Cloackink links....
    Quote Originally Posted by barneyrubble

Hi !

As far as I'm aware, this is technically against the CJ Rules.

however, I am very aware of the intent here, so I empethise w/ your situation.

Best of Luck !

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by barneyrubble
    htaccess you're probably safe with, but if you use javascript, you might get penalized from the Search Engines. Whatever you do, think about what'll happen if your competitors complain about your tactics, (because they always will), so just make sure you're doing what won't get you in trouble with anyone.

I've been using Cloak & Tracker and am very happy with it. It's a PHP redirect program, nothing that can't be done manually, but it saves me time.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

No Longer Banned!
    Cloak & Tracker
    Hi !

Mind sharing the addy or the spot I can google it ?

Steve

I absolutely despise the way the site is set up; one of those BIG BOLD RED HIGHLIGHTED you-just-gotta-buy-this-now sites that's all about the hard sell. Can't *stand* it.

But the software works as advertised.

cloakandtracker.com/advertising.php
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    I absolutely despise the way the site is set up; one of those BIG BOLD RED HIGHLIGHTED you-just-gotta-buy-this-now sites that's all about the hard sell. Can't *stand* it.
    Me too, especially the ones with the same auto-reset "buy before midnight today" offer, because tomorrow and a week from today, you will still see the same "buy before midnight today" offer.
    But the software works as advertised.

cloakandtracker.com/advertising.php
    But...

You just proved that those set up's do work!

;-)

Maybe we don't like it, maybe we won't do it, maybe not everyone will buy, but eventually some will. :-)

Actually, I bought it in spite of the site setup solely because it was recommended by someone else here. Had I come across it on my own, without any other recommendations or feedback, there's no way I would have plunked down $27 on it
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread