Let Me Explain
    I must apologize to the administrators.

I did indeed read the rules but unfortunately the owner of the company didn't. After I began this thread I sent the link to him and before I knew what he was doing he had created a new account and posted in the thread. Once he had done that I told him it was not a good thing to do, but it was too late and all I could do was hope you guys would either not notice it or ignore it. I knew that was not a likely outcome.

Anyhow I have shown him the error of his ways and hope that his mistake and over-exuberance has not cost me a chance to be a part of your community. I definately can use all the help I can get here!

I pray you guys understand and give me another chance!

Online Marketing Consultant
    Although it is nice of you to explain this, one thing would concern me as a consumer of your product and as someone who either owns/uses forums.

Since the owner (as you stated above) came on here and made an obviously biased review about your product, which actually had nothing to do with the thread or forum (as it was for a site review, not product) he basically spamed the board and gave a false review....does this happen on other forums including the ones affiliates here run?

Are the reviews in price comparisons distorted by your company because you go in and write false reviews as in you are not the actual consumer but the company producing and selling the product, like what had happened here?

If so, spamming takes time to control and effort that should not have to be spent erasing messages. All affiliates can tell you how annoying spamming can be. It also distorts the traffic and endusers experiences with the products, which in turn can then lead to the traffic no longer trusting the site where the reviews are false which hurts the affiliate as their traffic now does not trust them and may search for other sites.

Everyone makes mistakes when they are new to various industries, but IMO, it wasn't just what he did in the other thread, it was that he also put in a post not related to the topic and gave a review pretending to be a user or member, instead of admiting he was from the company and explained the benefits of the product.

Like I said, many of us have done it before we realized the negative effects it could play onto your product, brand and various marketing programs.

With that said, you seem genuine and thank you for apologizing to the board, but it isn't you who should apologize if you did nothing wrong, and I look forward to your company doing the right thing and paying for a program announcement or buying a forum, then sharing the benefits of the products and why we should promote you.
    Last edited by Liquidate; November 14th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

I completely understand. I won't be sharing this experience with him in the future because of his unscrupulous actions, as I don't like that he has negatively affected my reputation here.

I know that he is concerned about generating web traffic, and it has been such a struggle for us that he mistakenly tried to hype the product and site "anonymously."

As soon as he told me what he had done I let him know that it was a foolish attempt to pull the wool over well trained eyes. Anyhow, I know how this looks and wish it had not happened.

Having said that, if there are other false reviews out there in other forums about our product I would be surprised. I need to learn the nuances of web marketing, find the best ways to run a legitimate internet campaign and earn the trust of a few good affiliates to help us bring in much needed traffic and internet sales. This is not something that comes easily to me but I can assure you I wish to do this the right and correct way and not by shady means.

Thanks for your response Liquidate. We live and learn from our mistakes... hopefully.

Online Marketing Consultant
    It isn't a matter of driving traffic to your site....it is a matter of driving relevent traffic....There is a huge difference. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like, and I can go over some proper ways of getting traffic to you guys without spamming, or biased/false reviews. 202.558.6223.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Option #3 ... shoot me an email saying my boss made a boo boo, then no harm, no foul.

Leaving it out there with your full knowledge of the facts says much more to me than some silly action of an over zealous boss.

Live and learn, ok. But, yes it is YOU who owe an apology, not your boss.

Obviously the other account is banned, this one isn't - Trust made that call.

Edited to add: I moved the thread as this isn't a site review.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko - I did attempt to send a PM, but as a new member I was not allowed to do so. It is difficult to admit to something when you weren't the one to make the mistake, but I was indeed trying to do just that.

Thanks for not banning my account and please believe I will do my best to make sure nothing like this happens again, here or on any other venue.

I'm not trying to berate this issue but, you could have replied to any of the email notifications or clicked the link that said webmaster when you were told you didn't have the rights to PM.

I will repeat that it was you who needed to apologize, but that's fine, no worries.

End of issue.

Thread closed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

8. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread