Question SAS "Invalid Links Report" Suggestions
    First of all I am glade to see SAS has an easy to use "Invalid Links Report" link on every page. Since I have found out about this link a few weeks ago I have found a few One of my merchants was Gone "Jack and Friends" and it has also stated that a link or two for a merchant was not valid. Ok they told me who the merchant was but did not state either what was the invalid link was or what page the link came from. So I have the merchant in question on several pages on several sites. How am I to find out where the invalid link is???

Is it possible to have more information list on the "Invalid Links Report" such as:

Merchant Name (Already their)
    Invalid link clicked
    Page and Site where link was clicked
    Date & Time of Click

Also I would like to have the invalid report to remain on the page for 7 days.

Anyone else agree with me on this?? Anything else have something to add??

Can someone from SAS please let me know if this is possible and if you are willing to add some more details on this reports to help us keep our links active and keep sales coming in for both us and SAS.

Thank you....

ABW Ambassador
    "Anyone else agree with me on this?? Anything else have something to add??"

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...185#post756185

Think it should be at least a rolling 7 like CJ does or longer. Has to be longer than a day, what it looks like now unless I'm wrong.

Hi Trust,
    Yes I did post about this a few weeks ago but I was hoping someone from SAS would comment since it is their Forum. In the last week I have gotten 2 invalid link report that did not provide me with enough information for me to fix the problem (Link) I was hoping that the reports could be modified with some useful information so that the links in question can be updated.

if you are using any kind of link redirects there will be no page clicked information, no referer. I am still getting invalid links reports on links that do not exist, have not existed anywhere on any of my sites since last August and no referer. I have found copies of my links in web directories in India and Italy. SAS can't do much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    if you are using any kind of link redirects there will be no page clicked information, no referer. ......
    I do not think that is the case since I do use redirects
    (example goto.asp?link=123) and on the sales detail reports it always shows me the page that the user visited and clicked the link. It does not show the redirect page (goto.asp)

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    The report currently shows 3 days worth of data, I'll look into showing more of a date/time period... but... thinking about it, if there is a significant number of clicks going through a link - shouldn't it show up on a 3 day long report?

The referer data is exactly what we receive from the browser itself... not much we can do on that if it isn't reported to us, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian,
    Would it be possible to show the refering page in the invalid link report, I thing that would help us identify the links, and by the way thanking for responing to my post.

The refering page is already on the report ... I do see it sometimes ... but it seems that that information is not always available to them, in the same way as "todays activity" sometimes shows a "," rather than an actual page.

Ok, if it is already included that is all I can ask. I have not receive an error report in several days (only had three in total that I know of) so i guess I will right it off as one of those things......

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Brian,
    Would it be possible to show the refering page in the invalid link report, I thing that would help us identify the links, and by the way thanking for responing to my post.

I too would like to know from what pages on my site these 'invalid links' are coming from. I thought for sure I had removed them all but I have 4 showing now. Searching my site is driving me nuts!

On another note, I wish "Jack and Friends" would have told us they were quitting SAS, instead of us finding out through our stat reports ... then on to our invalid links report. Shame on them.
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

I get the odd one reported for merchants that I know I've removed ... and I've scanned through all the code for the merchant ID. I can only imagine that the clicks are coming from cached versions of the page.

Sue.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread