ABW Ambassador
    Happy to take my Sales but won't pay me
    I sent an email to a company called ssense.com a few weeks ago because all the sales I had sent them over the last few months had always been reversed. I never got any email from them prior etc about this so I was eager to find out why.
    I'm just writing to find out what the problem is with the orders I have been sending you? They have all been reversed?
    I finally got an email from them today, I also see a number of other transactions showing up today as well (which I'm sure will also be reversed)
    ssense.com clearly specifies in the welcoming e-mail that the word COUPON should never be used by advertisers if ssense.com is not offering a specific discount coupon for a limited period of time.
    Also we do not accept the use of ''coupon'' and ''ssense'' in your sites URL's
    Therefore, we are asking you to remove it from your websites.
    In case a coupon is available through CJ, it is also essential to remove it as soon as it expires.
    Ssense.com offers sales banners and sales text links you can use.
    Our affiliate program objective is to reach new customers, not for our own customers to grab coupons that do not even exists.
    Thank you for fixing this problem,
    The word "coupon" was never used with the links or in the url at all and I just used their current offers and promotions but this was on a coupon based website and the word does appear in the page. I think it would have been fair if they had contacted me and told me this instead of just collecting my sales and then let me know this after all the sales I have sent them build up to a profitable amount for them and then they finally tell me why several weeks later and it was interesting the got back to me today just after quite a few sales were generated earlier today.

Well I just deleted them from my account
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Dump them, and include ssence.com in this thread title for others to follow from Search Engine.

ABW Ambassador
    I already dumped them, took all links down & sent them an email to let them know that too! I was thinking more about this today, it was very smart of them to not contact me & not tell me to change my page but they were quite happy to let the sales continue to come in. nice timing, had a bunch of sales for them today as I said & then they decided they better reply to my email I sent around 2 weeks ago to tell me the truth. I guess I should have read the affiliate welcome letter but they should have also informed me any sales though my page was not going to be paid and they were quite aware of this way back from last month as they must of gone to my website & decided they could get away without paying me so they deleted my commissions and continued to send me links & take in the sales I sent them but not inform me why the sales were been reversed. If they had asked me to change somethings like a good affiliate manager would have done then I would have happily worked with them but they decided that not paying for a few sales was more important than working with me.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

>>If they had asked me to change somethings like a good affiliate manager would have done then I would have happily worked with them but they decided that not paying for a few sales was more important than working with me.<<

Any good merchant would do that. Their affiliate program won't go to far if they keep operating like this.

ABW Ambassador
    Just checked my stats, they went in today to my account and deleted all the new commissions I sent them just before i posted this. I will also ask them to post here now & explain ...

This just reeks of bad business[B]. There is absolutely no reason that they can justify doing what they're doing to you without even properly communicating why they're acting the way that they are.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this as it makes all publishers look bad.

ABW Ambassador
    AdJumpCM, a publisher is an affiliate. An advertiser is a merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    AdJumpCM, a publisher is an affiliate. An advertiser is a merchant.
    LOL I know that, my mistake there :S.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread