ABW Ambassador
    Back to School Official Dates?
    Can someone please explain when the dates for Back to School start & end. I know this is an important event in the USA but I'm a little confused when this actually finished or has it? I still have some merchants including Back to School links in their creative, I would like to know how this event works, the start & end dates?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Kids go back to school the first week of September. Parents start shopping for new clothes and school supplies about a month before that. Colleges start at different times and might be anywhere between the end of August and early October for the autumn semester. The spring semester usually starts in late January as there's typically a one month break following Christmas.

HTH

ABW Ambassador
    Ok thanks Rhea & this explains the dates all been confusing to follow, I will bookmark this thread for future reference.. so at least I know all the links from these merchants should not be in their creative at least until January.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

K-12 and most of the colleges around here in Indiana start back about mid August (15-20th range).

Although we also have year round schools as well which start the official new year in July. Instead of getting a whole summer off they get one month of in the summer (June), and Decemeber off, and a week here and there for the rest of their time off.
    KK

Different schools start at different times. Most start around the end of August. Some start as early as mid-August. Some start after Labor Day in September.

Early to mid-August is probably the best time to start "Back to School" promotions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Here in Baltimore, most "traditional" family vacations are over by mid-July. The local stores start their Back-to-School advertising right after that. The public school kids start back the week before Labor Day weekend.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread