Unhappy Rosetta Stone
    Hi,
    Anyone receive a termination email from Rosetta Stone or is just me.

No, but they did just email me asking how things are going promoting them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My performance was poor. I hate getting the "you've been terminated emails". They don't happen often but when they do it's a reminder of failure.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    I hate getting the "you've been terminated emails".
    You will get used to it
    They don't happen often but when they do it's a reminder of failure.
    Don't think that way. Or don't thank that way anymore.

By the way, sometimes they will come back in a couple of days themselves. Those magic things happen to me all the time.

If you really like the products, email the merchant and ask them why they teminate you and what can you do to get back to their program.

mayfly,
    Thanks for the advice. I took your advice and emailed them. We'll see what happens.

I've been in this affiliate marketing business for 3 years and I'm just starting to get in a groove. Sometimes I feel like a slow learner.

But I really enjoy affiliate marketing, so hopefully I can succeed.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes they sent me one, i replied back on told them the sooner this industry gets rid of affiliate managers like them the better everyone will be off and told them I have made a note in my database about this treatment for future reference & it won't be forgotten. I have sent them many sales in the past but not many lately. it doesn't affect me at all but this is a very nasty thing to do to affiliates. Exposing these people's tactics is the best thing.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Angry
    I'll be honest I haven't sent them much in traffic but the communication style is that of a fifth grader. Many AM's will reach out to affiliates and ask them if there's anything they can do to help generate sales. Others will also warn their affiliates about the possibility of being dropped.
    In my experience CJ is the biggest culprate in this type of communication of dropping affilaites w/out warning and I haven't been enamored by their customer service. i think that's why many merchants have left CJ for SAS and other affilaite networks.

They seem to have scrypted answers and never address my issues.

Examples:
    Get Html links. For 2 years, whenever I clicked on them, I got an error message that said the error is being logged.
    When I contacted CJ, they told me everything on their end was fine and that I should contact individual merchants. I told them it was all merchants and they replied that the problem was on your end.
    2 years later, 90% of Get HTML links now work properly w/out any fixes on my end.

Last year, for a couple of days, all my cJ links weren't working. I contacted CJ's uncustomer service and they told me that the links I was pulling were from an old server that is rarely used and that I should replace the links (over 300 on my site). LOL.
    A couple of days later and w/out me replacing links there was a message in my cj account interface that went to great lengths to explain a problem that CJ was having with links and that the problem had been taken care of. LOL

The final incident shows a lack of concern for their affilaites. In September a customer was searching for a product and contacted me. I found a merchant that carried it and directed the cusotmer to the page on my site which had the link. I asked the customer to email me the details of the completed transaction so that if their were any problems I could assist them.
    While CJ tracked the click, they never recorded the sale. I contacted uncustomer service and they told me that some of the things that could cause this issue were cookies being turned off by customers. I replied back, that if this were the case then the clickthrough to the merchant shouldn't have been recorded either.
    I only contacted CJ b/c I had sent numerous emails over a 6 week period to the merchant who never responded.
    CJ replied back that I should contact the merchant directly

It's this type of nonsense that annoys hard working affiliates. It should be CJ's responsibility to track sales, clicks, etc properly and to investigate issues. They should also be a laison between the merchant and affiliate.

I guess you have to be a superaffiliate to receive decent customer service.

What is even more annoying is that CJ sends out customer service surveys. I don't bother anymore b/c I know don't feel they take ma seriously b/c I'm not a super affiliate.

I hope this thread doesn't get me banned by CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    I told them it was all merchants and they replied that the problem was on your end.
    2 years later, 90% of Get HTML links now work properly w/out any fixes on my end.
    This remind me a few years back when I had my first hosting service(a fairly expensive one). I was completely new to website and hosting at that time(not much better now), of cause, need a lot of customer support to get my first site going. For one question, I ended up getting 3 or 4 different answers from different reps. The most redicular answer is to suggest me to buy a new computer because my monitor didn't configure the webpage right. Come on, I just bought a brand new Dell computer a month ago(btw, I'm still using it right now)!

As a resault, I dumped them and move to a new hosting(thanks for thousands hostings out there)

But for affiliate networks, there are really not many out there for you to dump and jump around, especially big ones like CJ. What I would do is call them. So far, I've been pretty satisfied with their phone customer services. If you still be given "uncustomer service", yell at them

Thanks for listening. I needed to get that off my chest.

ABW Ambassador
    My performance was poor. I hate getting the "you've been terminated emails". They don't happen often but when they do it's a reminder of failure.
    I wouldn't let it worry you but I know how you feel, it is a very degrading thing for them to do this to anyone & especially to affiliates like myself that have helped pay their damn wages. It makes you feel sick that you have been placing links on your site for these people, time you could have spent promoting much better merchants that are thankful for the time & effort you put into bringing in sales or trying to.

I just checked my stats and last year I sent them 8 sales & several thousand in sales, nothing to sneeze at, that is the thanks you get. As for feeling your performance is poor, well they do have a fairly good EPC & this obviously must be their motivation for dropping affiliates as they most likely want to impress their boss with some stats... but I have a better EPC than them, I'm a 5 bar cj affiliate and my growth has been at around 30% each month for the last 4-5 months so they don't care who they drop, just as long as the affiliate hasn't made a sale for them in the last few months.

Well the good thing is that at least I have found out what sort of affiliate managers we are dealing with here & they will never make another cent out of my work.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Glinted, At least I have this forum, so I can learn from affiliates liek you. I hope I can get over the hump and become that super affiliate. We'll see. To be honest when I put my first link on my site, it wasn't to make real money out of sffiliate marketing. My site was a news commentary site at the time. I just got hooked on affiliate marketing.

Last year, after 2 1/2 years, my site became a shopping only site. Then I wrote a mission satement (Should have been doen earlier) and I've used it as a road map going forward. This past May, I made a decison to become a coupon site and like any change, even minor, it takes time to see result being reflected by that change.

I was hoping to have a better holiday season so far.
    That's my story.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread