JewelryTelevision Affiliate Manager
    Has anyone had contact with a JTV Affiliate manager recently? It's a new one and no one is responding to their general affiliate email, so I'm wondering if anyone has recent direct contact info.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We have had sales with them but have not needed to contact the AM.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    I got one of those membermessaging@CJ type of emails from them a couple weeks ago with new coupon codes, but those are ridiculous because almost no one ever puts contact info at the bottom of them.

Before that, I had an email from Philip Schutt in early October (check yer PM for his email address) but I'm not sure he's still the AM there. In fact the Advertiser Detail in CJ says contact: Ethan Holland but I've never gotten any correspondence from him. And that generic email address shown with it, I wouldn't trust that anyone will respond to it. Try Schutt first, then maybe try some basic phone numbers there and ask for the person who runs the internet affiliate program (or if they're clueless, ask for the marketing department).

I called their main office once and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the affiliate manager. I tried to explain what I meant, figuring that maybe I would get transferred to somebody in the marketing/online advertising department, but I got cut off, like they thought it was a crank call or something. Clueless.

And yeah, they go through affiliate managers faster than Mr. Rogers can switch sweaters.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Ok, I'm trying Phillip now

jdonisthorpe,

Any luck? Let us know if there's a new AM. Thanks. This month has seen very few JTV sales for me so far, but my click level isn't what it used to be.

We had given them some good placement but have pulled them now. Hopefully no issues getting paid for existing sales.

visitourmall:

Pulled them, why? They've always paid up since I started partnering with them (minus, of course, the insanely high percentage of reversals). They've also always extended all sales so all payments have been a month behind, to be sure. But they've paid up.

Curiously last month they did not extend sales, so both Sept and Oct sales are currently showing in my CJ "Current Balance (November, 2007)" section. In my experience once things move from Locked status to the Current Balance area, they are always paid in the next check. Any other CJ veterans have differing experiences?

Didn't pull them from our site. Had them in a featured area and pulled them from there.

Update: I've learned that the current Jewelry Television affiliate manager is in fact the one that's currently listed in the Advertiser Detail of CJ. His name is Ethan Holland. Though I would NOT use the email address listed below his name that ends in ACNtv.com. I don't know his phone number, but call up JTV's main number and ask for him. You should be able to reach him that way.

As for his email address, I believe it's ethan.holland ^at^ jtv ^dot^ com, but I've never emailed him so can't confirm that he reads or answers it.

It would be nice if Ethan would send an email to the JTV affiliates to introduce himself and provide us some updated information about the program!

spacedog, I emailed Ethan at that main address before I started this thread and no response. So yeah, if you find anything, let us know!

My question to them is about keyword bidding.

Yes JTV has always paid, and the same thing happened to me with Oct/November. I just got the deposit for two months. They didn't extend for some reason. That's the first time they've done that in the 2 years I've been with them.

Sales and clicks for me are waaay down since last November.

I'd try calling Ethan by using the main number and then asking the receptionist for his direct number or to transfer you to him. If you used the ACNtv.com email address before, try the new jtv.com one I mentioned above. But calling is always a more reliable means of communication than email. Their customer service number listed on the website is 800-581-3002.

Their pay per click policy changed many months ago such that you can no longer use any variant of their name as your Display URL (www . jtv . com for example) on search engines. Also, in JTV's Advertiser Detail on CJ in the "Keyword Link" section it lists their trademark name keywords that you are not allowed to bid on (it also says don't bid on competitor store trademarks). Have a look at that if you haven't already. But for authoritative information you'll want to talk to the affiliate manager.

My sales are way down since about a year ago as well. I had been doing well via PPC, then my conversion rate suddenly tanked so I had to reduce my bids by a large amount to stay profitable. Of course as a result I get far fewer clicks.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread