The Guy's Guide to Smoking that Bloody Belly!
    Like the title? I thought it was clever

First off, if you're reading this you probably have an active interest in ditching the spare tire that's been hanging around your midsection a while. I know I sure do, and what's sick is that I know how to do it, I've just been too lazy (and too busy) to do it. Excuses aside, it's time to get 'er done.

Buy my eBook for $29.99 and learn how to.... ahh, just kidding (but I had you going there for a while didn't I?).

Okay, in all seriousness, losing the belly isn't hard. I used to be 205 lbs and cut (and I mean cut) before I became a full-time affiliate. Since then I haven't gone to the gym once (that was several years ago), and though I maintain a relatively decent shape due to some home-exercises, I miss my old six-pack (as does my girlfriend).

What you need to do:

You will NEVER lose weight if you eat like crap. Sorry guys (and gals that have read this far), but that's just how it is. Many people think that calories are the only things in your diet that matters, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Things like potassium, sodium, protein, vitamins, and minerals all play a vital role. Don't have those, you don't have a meal. Why do you think Ramen noodles only staves off hunger for a few minutes?

Step one - Feed yourself properly. Eat plenty of green leafs and high protein meals. Try and limit red meat to only once or twice per week. Vary your diet so that it's interesting and tasty. You don't have to stop eating good food, guys, just junk! You can still have a beer every now and then and enjoy some mashed potatoes, but remember to follow the second rule:

Step two - Stop eating when you're full. Overeating is one of the leading causes of obesity (along with affiliate marketing), so when you aren't hungry don't eat. This will help lower your caloric surplus and hence how many of those calories make it to your stomach.

Step three - Drink water and real juice. Pop is calorie heavy and full of crap. Drinking it is like asking to gain weight. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water or non-sweetened juice a day. This will keep you from feeling hungry all of the time and keep you hydrated.

Diet wise, stick to lean proteins: lean meats, pork, chicken, and steak. Fish is also VERY good for you. A can of tuna has 28 grams of protein (on average). Yum yum! Not to mention that seafood has plenty of creatine (for helping you look more muscular and keep your muscles retaining water).

Exercise wise, what's important here is your heart rate. Your body will respond better to a varied exercise routine than it will to a standard one. Mix up your cardio- go for a jog one day, and then spar or do jump rope for a while the next. When you're weight lifting, do a circuit and work all muscle groups evenly for a while. Blast your biceps or pecs every now and then (hey, it feels good), but generally focus on cross-training.

And, lastly, nothing sheds fat faster than real activity. Get out there and throw a ball around, play some soccer, or spar with your friends!

No wonder I'm fat. I eat plenty of red meat and limit myself to green leafy stuff once or twice per week. I never stop eating when I'm full. Or when I'm miserable. Only when it stops tasting good (that's the step after when you're miserable). The only water I drink is the carbonated, flavored kind. Exercise? My motto is "no pain, no pain". The only "sport" I like is chess.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ha oh man that was a quote worthy reply with there. In fact, I'm going to use this from now on:

Exercise? My motto is "no pain, no pain".

No lettuce on the burgers, MC?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Nope. Lettuce doesn't go on burgers. Bacon does.

I also want to register a complaint about the title of this thread. With words like "guy's guide", "smoking", and "bloody", I thought for sure this would have some tips about cooking red meat on my grill or in my smoker. Instead, I found a list of health tips. Very deceptive.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Nope. Lettuce doesn't go on burgers. Bacon does.

I also want to register a complaint about the title of this thread. With words like "guy's guide", "smoking", and "bloody", I thought for sure this would have some tips about cooking red meat on my grill or in my smoker. Instead, I found a list of health tips. Very deceptive.
    Sorry there Michael, I promise I won't do it again

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread