Someone from SAS
    I was wondering if someone from shareasale can get in touch with Footballfanatics about their program. I received the auto email when applying to their program with the normal msg from SAS:

"This message is sent in response to your application for the affiliate marketing program of Football Fanatics, managed by shareasale.com. This letter by itself is not an indication that you have been approved, or not-approved for the program. Please check your account online for approval status, or contact the merchant directly."

I'm wondering if they might be under the impression that they are on auto approval because of what it says after that which is below;

"Welcome to the team! I'm Tom and I will be your personal contact for anything you may need while working with Team Fan Shop.

We are glad to have you as a member of our affiliate program, and want you to know that we will work with you as closely as possible in order for your relationship with us to be a success!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns you can contact me at: XXX @ footballfanatics.com

We are working to offer our affiliates the very best in tools available. Check back with us as we add product links and more to help you drive revenue.

We look forward to working with you."

In other words the email sounds like I was approved but in reality I haven't been and have been waiting a week come tomorrow. I did contact them today to see if they will approve me and I'll see if I hear back from them. From reading the email it seems like a call to them from SAS might be in order to see if they want to or thought they were on auto approve. JMO of course

I just tried to reapply again and it says app pending. When I do a search for footballfanatics in the join new merchants it says "Enrolled in Program" . Any ideas as to what's going on?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Packy,

You can't re-apply while the app is still pending. You can, however, "Quit" the program from your Activity Summary Report, and then you won't be pending anymore. Thus, able to re-apply.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian, thanks. Should it be saying I am enrolled in the program if an app is pending and hasn't been approved yet? Also do you know if they think they are on auto-approval or not per my first post? Thanks again

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes.... when an app is pending it will show as enrolled which technically you are, just pending approval of usage, etc...

I checked the account and they are not on auto-approval - I'll see if I can get a hold of someone as well.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian

Wow, over 3 weeks and Football Fanatics can't take the time to approve or decline an application or answer emails???? Pitiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    Wow, over 3 weeks and Football Fanatics can't take the time to approve or decline an application or answer emails???? Pitiful!!!
    Sounds like it's time to find another merchant and move on to me.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I did move on after a couple of weeks ago BurgerBoy. I was just reading another post about the same thing in another thread and it reminded me about FF so I went and checked to see if I was approved and wasn't. Figured I would get one last whine in Of course I just checked my CJ stats and there's a football fanatics sale They convert better than any of the others I have tried and I wanted to use them from SAS instead of CJ. I'm over it now though

Hey Packy, I had the exact same thing happen with them a few weeks ago. Same auto-response email and then pending for a couple of weeks. So I tried contacting them through the SAS interface and through the contact info on their corporate site. So far no one has had the courtesy to reply. So I have written them off and moved on.

I refuse to try them on the CJ platform where they are offering a 6% rebate to customers through eBates (and probably some others).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread