Thumbs down Stupid Merchant
    I dont use PPC. even i dont have account adwords etc ...
    but i get this

----------
    We've recently noticed that you're bidding on a protected term using paid search. Please update your bids to ensure that you're in compliance with our policy within 48 hours to remain a publisher in good standing with Home Annex.

Home Annex affiliates running paid search programs are NOT permitted to bid on brand terms, and may not use "Home Annex" or any other Home Annex trademarks in the headline, copy, or display URL of the ad. We will NOT pay commissions, on sales generated from the use of our name, to publishers.

Again, please adhere to this policy within 24 hours to remain in our program. If you remain non compliant, we will submit a report of your activity to the Commission Junction Network Quality team. Continued violations are grounds for forfeiting commissions earned, and removal from our program.
    -----------
    Stupid Merchant threat me !!!

Yeah I got that notice as well. I bid, but only on generic terms and phrases. I occasionally get one of these who googles merchantname and my ad comes up, and they assume I'm bidding on their name with the phrase.

I especially love how they give me 48 hours to comply, then require me to comply in 24 hours.

I'm waiting on a response from them.

put in the offending terms as negative matches to make sure you don't broad match out to them - unfortunately sometimes whoever is managing the program doesn't know the difference between organic listings and paid listings

Ha, I got the same thing too. Never done any PPC for them at all, must be a new AM who doens't know anything about search.

I got it too and never do PPC, my response to him wasn't the nicest

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar
    put in the offending terms as negative matches to make sure you don't broad match out to them - unfortunately sometimes whoever is managing the program doesn't know the difference between organic listings and paid listings
    I usually try to educate the merchant as to the difference, and if they want them negative matched, I insist that they spell that out in their restrictions, or I drop them.

yes to the letter, and no to ppc for me too.

They emailed back and said they'd accidentally emailed all of their affiliates instead of just the ones in question.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread