ABW Ambassador
    I'm trying new things, looking at some co-branding. Just wondering if anybody had some good co-branding programs they are willing to share.
    Right now i'm looking at cognigen, looking at: http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/signup.jsp Anybody have any experience with them?
    I do well with http://www.growerflowers.com

I'm looking for co-branding programs that are free and where you don't have to deal with any customers or billing etc. Programs where you have mysite.cobrandsite.com

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Look into makesparties.com - they pay 20%

Overstock has some co-brand stuff.

ABW Ambassador

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on March 30, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

Affiliate Manager
    Good Morning Trust-

I'd be happy to set you up with a couple references for the TravelNow program if you'd like- or answer any questions you have. We have a number of affiliates on this board- but most of the biggies won't let you know who they are

We don't set you up with mysite.cobrandsite.com - but we will brand the site as yours and help you mask the URL - cobrandsite.mysite.com

Once you sign up- send me a note and we'll show you what we can do with your design!

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    Jessica,

I was checking out your program. It says 50% of the collected commission. What does it mean in terms of % of sale?

Affiliate Manager
    Basic math is-
    US domestic- most hotels pay 10% standard
    European- most hotels pay 8% standard

We collect on almost 81% of confirmed bookings. This makes the average collection about $10 for the affiliate on a hotel room.

Special Internet rates are immune to this- you get 5% on all confirmed bookings there.

We do also sometimes get great deals like right now we have a chain paying 22%- so you get 11% on each booking.

Jessica Hutson

im interested in these programs. what i dont understand is why they ask your your web sites address on the application. i would like to build a site directly around these programs and promote them. does one need to provide a website to be accepted into one of these programs? i would be willing to buy a domain if accepted. im new here so sorry if this message is reeking of newbie.

Affiliate Manager
    auradefect -
    On our app- you can enter something to the effect of "coming soon" - just be aware we will probably write and ask for details and try to help you get going. With the parasites out there- often we will make it mandatory once you start booking- I need to know where those bookings are coming from.

Jessica Hutson

oh i completely understand that. i would have no problem with that at all. ill look into your program in more depth once i get home from work. dont tell my boss im on this board hehe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by auradefect:
    what i dont understand is why they ask your your web sites address on the application. i would like to build a site directly around these programs and promote them. does one need to provide a website to be accepted into one of these programs? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have another site that is already up, giving that URL shows them the ballpark of quality that they can expect from you- even if you don't have the site you would be promoting them on yet. Seeing some site you have done prevents them from having to decide whether to accept you on completely blind faith.

The very first affiliate programs that I signed up for accepeted me based on the site that I said I was going to build, but co-branders might be pickier than that.

SirenSong
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Jassica. I'll apply for your program soon.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread