Question Offers to join campaigns
    Has anyone received offers to join campaigns and the email included banners and text links with your linkshare id.

Do these links actually track on linkshare, even before you're accepted into the program?

ABW Ambassador
    They're supposed to. However in the past, when I've checked some have had the wrong affiliate id in them. So I always go to the merchant page at LS and get my links there.

Aunt Lily,
    Thanks for the information.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sometimes it's hard to find the same links or banners in the LS interface, but if you check your LS ID in the emailed links and it's correct, those should track ok. If it's different, you can insert the correct ID, but I'd do some click throughs and see (of course with LS not 'till the next day) if they tracked ok.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Have you received such emails that had your Linkshare ID in them yet the merchant did not appear in your Linkshare interface?

And did the email come from Linkshare or from a Linkshare merchant?

Affiliatehound, this may off topic but I do wish that Linkshare tracked activity the same day like CJ and SAS (an hour or two delay).

bibby - that's one of the big problems with LS reporting. You can add Performics to that list of other networks reporting almost immediately.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Yeah,
    I forgot about Performics.

I'm not sure if you use the Hydra Network for CPA campaigns but they report same day info.

Have you used CPM networks like Valueclick?
    What are your thoughts about them.

The major problem I see is that soemtimes I get inappropriate content. I wish there was a way to pre-eliminate or filter out those types of links. The way it stands now, you have to scroll through the offers and click which ones you want to filter out but when new programs join, you have to go through the poroces all over again.

This is really going off-topic now bibby,.. but I've never used the CPA networks you refer to. I have used others (really only 1 in the past couple of years, a couple before that that were less than satisfactory) for their "As Seen on TV Products" and they do all generally report pretty quickly.

And yes, they all seem to make it difficult to find new offers, requiring you to sort through all of the old ones. The one I do use has "This Week's New Campaigns" on the login page, but that hasn't been updated in a year or more.

ABW Ambassador
    bibby, could you respond to my post #5 above?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread