Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    NBA Season 2007-2008
    My team the Magic are looking decent at 7-2 and after tonight the Celtics will be 8-0. I'm glad an East team is doing good, hate the Western Conference And the Celts are winning big +17.1 point differential. I think people are waiting to see how they do against some Western Conference teams. They did beat Denver by 26.

ABW Ambassador
    Go Jazz.

Michael

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    My team the Magic are looking decent at 7-2 and after tonight the Celtics will be 8-0. I'm glad an East team is doing good, hate the Western Conference And the Celts are winning big +17.1 point differential. I think people are waiting to see how they do against some Western Conference teams. They did beat Denver by 26.
    Great Magic vs. Celtics game last night. Magic are a very solid squad. The East looks like it will be very competitve this year.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Cool

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Oh my gosh. My Mavericks lose to a Tim Duncan-less Spurs. Uh oh.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Oh my gosh. My Mavericks lose to a Tim Duncan-less Spurs. Uh oh.
    Mavs got off to a slow start last year to. They are to good and have to good of a coach to continue this type of play. Im convinced they will be a better team going forward.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    Damn Boston is 20-2. At this pace, they'll push for the best record ever, think Chicago with Jordan had it with a 70-12 season. Good to see an Eastern team doing good. Magic slipping up a little lately but still 3rd best in the East.

Damn Boston is 20-2. At this pace, they'll push for the best record ever, think Chicago with Jordan had it with a 70-12 season. Good to see an Eastern team doing good. Magic slipping up a little lately but still 3rd best in the East.
    Its been a long time coming. The Celtics are a dominant team this year at home, 12-0. They are the number one defensive team in the league. This makes me more excited than anything else. Defense wins championships, and right now we have the best.
    Brent Elias

huge Timberwolves fan here. It was astounding to me how in the offseason some in Boston were complaining about the KG trade. The Celtics' big 3 deserve a shot at a title and at this pace they'll get it!

Quote Originally Posted by deepestblue
    huge Timberwolves fan here. It was astounding to me how in the offseason there were a lot of Boston fans complaining about the KG trade. I don't think I've heard a peep from them since the season started however!
    I can promise you I was not one of those people. KG coming to town was a blessing. You dont pass up the opportunity to acquire a franchise type player for Al Jefferson and a bunch of throw-ins. I know what you are talking about here though. The past twenty years for the Celtics were full of dissapointment. We signed or traded for way to many players that were past their prime. KG obviously doenst fit that mold, but it was feared that he may be heading towards that path in his career. It looks like the guy is gonna be a force for at least the next three years.
    Brent Elias

ABW Ambassador
    Plus he's playing in the Eastern Conference which helps out a lot.

Plus he's playing in the Eastern Conference which helps out a lot.
    No doubt about it. there are only a few guys that can match his size and athleticism in the Eastern Conference. Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Rasheed Wallace(ehh), Jermaine Oneal(when healthy, which is not often). I cant think of anyone else that can really match what KG brought to the Celtics. Superior move Danny Ainge!
    Brent Elias

ABW Ambassador
    So they're finishing up the last games tonight, playoff time. Top 6 teams in the Western Conference, only 2 1/2 games separate them. 2 teams with losing records make it into the Playoffs for the Eastern Conference. Is there another professional sports league where over half the teams make the playoffs? 30 teams, 16 make the playoffs. This could be like the old days, Lakers vs. Celtics in the Championship. But Go Magic I think we're going to have some of the best Playoffs in awhile. Very competitive, can't imagine many/if any sweeps this year.

ABW Ambassador
    No basketfall fans? I was just checking the seeding, Suns vs. Spurs, First Round. That's like a Western Conference Championship kind of series, think that's going to be a great one. We'll see if bringing in Shaq does the trick, they've been playing good lately with him and I'm just tired of seeing the Spurs.

Used to be a HUGE basketball fan - until the Knicks started to stink it up. I was on the waiting list for season tickets since 7th grade - got a call a few years ago that they were now available - no thanks

ABW Ambassador
    As far as the Knicks, at least Isiah Thomas is getting the boot, so that's a positive

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Lakers' draw is incredible: Denver then winner btw Houston/Utah. No Spurs, Suns, NO or Dallas until WConf final. All signs point to Lakers-Celtics renewal, but never count out the Pistons.

My pick for 1st round upset: Wizards over Cavs.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

As far as the Knicks, at least Isiah Thomas is getting the boot, so that's a positive
    sadly... I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    All signs point to Lakers-Celtics renewal

My pick for 1st round upset: Wizards over Cavs.
    That would turn the city of Boston upside down. I hope it plays out that way.

My first round upset is also wiz over the cavs. Wiz are deep, and have Gilbert Arenas coming off the bench. They are a tough team to match-up with if everyone is healthy.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    That would turn the city of Boston upside down. I hope it plays out that way.

My first round upset is also wiz over the cavs. Wiz are deep, and have Gilbert Arenas coming off the bench. They are a tough team to match-up with if everyone is healthy.
    That's the key - Wiz appear to be healthier than they've been all year, but a lot depends on Caron Butler's knee. Lakers should NEVER have let him go (in the 1st Kwame Brown trade).

Greg Anthony rumors are interesting, but I'd think Knick fans would prefer someone with at least some coaching experience. (Is Red Holzman still dead?) There have been rumors in LA that Tim Floyd is looking to move, but he's done much better at the college level than in the NBA.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    "I was just checking the seeding, Suns vs. Spurs, First Round. That's like a Western Conference Championship kind of series, think that's going to be a great one."

Anybody watch that one? Double OT, clutch 3's and the damn Spurs won. Watch them win this thing again, somebody needs to take them out, for the good of the game

Lebron did his thing, shut them up for awhile.
    My team that Magic did well.
    Chris Paul did his thing, took out the Mavs.
    Philly upset Detroit.
    Boston blew out the Hawks.
    Lakers won, some Nuggets lost their cool.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    "I was just checking the seeding, Suns vs. Spurs, First Round. That's like a Western Conference Championship kind of series, think that's going to be a great one."

Anybody watch that one? Double OT, clutch 3's and the damn Spurs won. Watch them win this thing again, somebody needs to take them out, for the good of the game
    I did. What a game! Duncan hits a 3 to send it to the second overtime. Duncan?! Whose last three in the playoffs was 2005?! Crazy. Suns couldn't close which sometimes is a problem with them. I like them better than the Spurs but it was a fun game none the less.

Only full game I got to watch. Chris Paul for New Orleans is amazing. Looking forward to more games this week.

Angel
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

The Lakers looked fabulous, and they have the offense, defense, bench, coaching, and intangibles to beat the Spurs and anyone else. This is the best Lakers team in years, and in someways is stronger than the Shaq/Kobe teams. If they get Bynum and/or Ariza back during the playoff as they might, they will be even stronger and deeper.

I stil think it will be the Wiz over Cavs, and also that Toronto may end up beating Orlando. Raptors got off to horrible start, but outplayed Maj most of the rest of the game. They have some top talent, but I really question Sam Mitchell and how and when he uses much of his personnel.

...Greg Anthony rumors are interesting, but I'd think Knick fans would prefer someone with at least some coaching experience....
    Must have been a brain freeze - of course I meant Mark Jackson, not Greg Anthony (how did I mix them up?)

Impressions:

Lakers looked great vs Denver - total team effort plus Kobe putting it on when they need him to.

Mix of young Atlanta studs Smith and Horford plus vets Bibby and Johnson giving Boston a much harder time than they ever thought.

Philly taking it to Pistons - either team looks like it could win best-of-3 mini-round.

Dallas and Phoenix soon to embark on total rebuilding programs.

Larry Brown is BACK!

Impressions:
    Mix of young Atlanta studs Smith and Horford plus vets Bibby and Johnson giving Boston a much harder time than they ever thought.
    Man, you can say that again. The Hawks were very impressive at home. The Celtics had game 4 in their grasp, but played a horrible fourth quarter. The C's have struggled against athletic squads all year long(Bobcats, Wizards, Magic, Golden State, cavs(lebron) and now Atlanta.

I am confident we will make the proper adjustments(DOUBLE TEAM JOE JOHNSON) and take the next two games. It isn't going to be a cake walk anymore. We actually have a playoff series on our hands now.

Lets Go Green!
    Brent Elias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast