This is their reply regarding Morpheus

quote:
    Here is a message I received from Wurld Media in June:

Our technology has had the modifications made to accommodate the concerns of the affiliate community and our merchants. These changes have been seen and approved by leaders in the affiliate community(Todd Crawford). WURLD Media values all of our retail partners and if possible we would like to continue with our profitable relationship with Blair.com .
    Thank you,

Steve Kerber
    WURLD Media Inc.
    Affiliate Department Manager

I checked with Todd Crawford and he gave the changes his blessing.

It seems like many merchants still doesn't know that Morpheus has turned bad again. Can you guys help me out on how to explain or show proof that Morpheus is again stealing commissions from affiliates? I'll be inviting their AM to this thread. Thanks.

Other people will be able to provide the most recent technical evidence better than me, but even IF Morpheus were *presently* running their business in an honest way, my view is that Blair's response is just not good enough, and frankly I'm thinking of dropping them.

Here are a few questions for Blair and other similar-minded merchants:

• Once an organization has stolen BLATANTLY and EN MASSE in the way Morpheus has, what justification is there for trusting them in the future?

• What message are you giving to all the honest publishers by actively doing business with an organization who has aggressively and unremorsefully pilfered our commissions?

• What does this say about your own brand?

Doesn't say as much as 1500 clicks with no sale does.

Yeah didn't check the stats for a while...

Title of this message should be "Blair.com Stands with Morpheus".

I

Ummmmmm,

quote:
    These changes have been seen and approved by leaders in the affiliate community(Todd Crawford).

No offence but since when does Todd represent the majority of affiliates( No Offense Todd ). I must be hanging at the wrong places. Todd can't even give a stance for CJ on Scumware. WTF??? Hmmmm, wait a minute! I guess we just found out what CJ's stance is on the matter. Go figure!

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

[This message was edited by DaPackster on September 24, 2002 at 10:04 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Blair seems to have an odd conversion pattern for me (best defined as "spikey"), but they do convert.

I think the easiest way to assist with the AM's education is to point them to the CWC thread http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=9976057111 -- BUT, it's a long thread and they would have to be invested enough to read it.

I think I'd bullet point an intro and then lead up to the thread, something like:
      [*]In June they did temporarily halt their theft of affiliate commisions.[*]At that time, they explained that this was a "programming oversight" and it was not their intention to steal affiliate commissions.[*]In mid-August, they "upgraded" their program;[*]This upgrade takes-over affiliate links -- once again, garnering the commision for WurldMedia/Buyersport, not the affiliate who made the sale.[/list]If you'd like to read one merchant's experience of being notified of this situation and the conclusions they drew from testing the software themself (they dropped WurldMedia as an affiliate), go here: CWC-link

-------
      Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

The simplest way is to download the software. I have attached the old (Fiday's version) hereto so any one can see for themselves what happens. The program will not revert to the new version unless you reboot your system. When you remove it make sure to do so via add remove programs and first do Morpheus then go back and remove the Wurldmedia program, then use spyware elimnator or ad-aware to delete the left over files.

[Edited to add that if anyone who wants the file, they can email me ... I'm not going to waste my bandwith on them]

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

[This message was edited by Haiko on September 25, 2002 at 08:57 AM.]

"In June they did temporarily halt their theft of affiliate commisions.
    At that time, they explained that this was a "programming oversight" and it was not their intention to steal affiliate commissions.
    In mid-August, they "upgraded" their program;
    This upgrade takes-over affiliate links -- once again, garnering the commision for WurldMedia/Buyersport, not the affiliate who made the sale."

In June, july and august my commissions doubled.
    In Sept commissions have halfed.
    Impressions and clicks have not reduced.

Someone is surely stealing my commissions or CJ's
    tracking has developed a problem.

quote:
    In June, july and august my commissions doubled. In Sept commissions have halfed.
    Impressions and clicks have not reduced.

Someone is surely stealing my commissions or CJ's
    tracking has developed a problem.

Similar here, but I've had much increased impressions/clicks during June, July & August and sales have halfed in September. This is true for all major affiliate networks, not just CJ. Previously good performing merchants have dropped off and previously bad performers showing some sales. Peak sales for June, July & August were mid-week. In September the mid-week sales are lowest. Most of my stats are opposite of what I'd expect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I cordially invited Blair to appear here and defend their association with Morpheus. Let's see if they show up and try to learn more about the situation, or if they just stick their heads in the sand and pretend not to notice.

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Ummmmmm,

quote:These changes have been seen and approved by leaders in the affiliate community(Todd Crawford).

No offence but since when does Todd represent the majority of affiliates( No Offense Todd ). I must be hanging at the wrong places. Todd can't even give a stance for CJ on Scumware. WTF??? Hmmmm, wait a minute! I guess we just found out what CJ's stance is on the matter. Go figure!

Hey. Don't forget there were other prominent members of the ABW community who were all too quick to forgive morpheus of their sins as well. I wouldn't be so fast to blame Todd nor Cj.

"This is true for all major affiliate networks, not just CJ."

Do ya think this being the end of the third quarter has anything to do with our sale's not being reported?

Maybe the networks are playing with tracking, while we are blaming it on some parasite?

ya no maybe?

"It's your foot, you can shoot it if you want to." ~ Me

QuietRiot,
    quote:
    Do ya think this being the end of the third quarter has anything to do with our sale's not being reported?

Maybe the networks are playing with tracking, while we are blaming it on some parasite?

I'll place my bet on the parasites. It's interesting that Morpheus "cleaned up ther act" during the dog days of summer only to rear their ugly heads in time for the 4th quarter/holiday shopping season. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I would like everyone to know that Blair.com has suspended it's relationships with WurldMedia/Buyersport/Morpheus. During the summer, Blair.com suspended it's relationship with Buyersport, and only reactivated it when it was felt that they were dealing on an honest level. This decision was made based on the report by Todd Crawford and after reading posts here that appeared to accept the changes that had been made.

It has recently been brought to our attention that the "fix" was not all it was promised, so Blair.com chose to once again suspend this account. I can assure you that we will not take a reactivation so lightly this time. "Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me."

Now that I've posted this, please understand that CJ doesn't immediately suspend accounts, but rest assured that the suspension is categorized by CJ as pending. The relationship has also been deactivated via Performics.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    THANK YOU!

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

Thank you!

{

Every challenge is a potential act of power. ~ eaglefire

ABW Ambassador
    Thank You! Your links are now back up.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just Applied, and links will start going up on approval!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Something strange is afoot at Circle K

THANK YOU,

I have a huge amount of banners/Products Links on my site and now thank god I do not have to change this huge amount.

Bless You Blair.com

Thanks for listening to the affiliates! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] For some reason I knew that Blair would be one of the merchants to make a stance. WTG!

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Thank you - I will be adding many many Blair links on my site and in my newsletter to 16,000 people!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Maria at ItsRainingBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Blair.com,

I appreciate your firm stance on this and will continue to promote and send business your way.

There is a new forum in the parasite section titled merchants against parasites so please add blair and some comments in their too. We want to make sure all of our members work to promote your products and let consumers see that there are "reputable companies" taking a stance.

Oh, one more question - I know you are somehow linked with crossing pointe who I stopped promoting a while back due to lack of sales. Do they fall under your umbrella and this applies to them too? If so, I'll give them another chance.

Thanks again

Thank you Blair!!!

This will make it far easier for Styleforfree.com to feel good about promoting your site more prominently!

Listening is the greatest skill one can aquire.
    Thank you for listening!

: )

Liz @ Styleforfree.com

Too bad Ebates and other places using The TopMoxie reminder services are still overwriting our blair links!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

if every merchant and network would have listened and taken a stance like Blair have done here, predators would have almost been past history by now.

seems that most merchants have not realised that they pay commissions to predators through profiteering networks on their own:

- sales originating from their own banner advertisements
    - sales originating from their own free search engine traffic
    - sales originating from bookmarks of their sites

how can they ever be so naive?

the case is regrettably not the same with the networks like CJ: they too profit from the theft: they get commissions on stolen sales -stolen from the naive merchants . . . .

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread