SEO Tools in Enterprise edition?
    I am trying to determine whether to upgrade from "Pro" to "Enterprise," but I can't find any meaningful information about how the extra functionality might work.

Hi Mark, did you ever find out about this?

I'm afraid I haven't received any reply to my post here. I had actually forgotten about this post, and last Thursday I emailed to support at popshops asking:

I honestly cannot make sense of what benefit I would get from upgrading from your "Pro" to "Enterprise" service level. Comparing the very limited information on the PopShops site, it appears that these are the "extras" I would get:
    * SEO tools (rule-based search-and-replace) for text and meta data.
    * Unlimited profiles so that [affiliate] can keep manage multiple affiliate IDs.
    * XML, RSS and ATOM feed options.
    + And I'd also be able to choose my own "afftrack" codes.

However, I have no idea how the "rule-based search-and-replace" would work, nor how I'd benefit from the extra feed options. Quite frankly, I also wasn't sure how I'd benefit from upgrading from "free" to "Pro," and once I did so I definitely felt that you didn't explain or "sell" the Pro features very well.

I know that the crew at PopShops are working hard, and I don't think it's really fair for me to complain that they are focusing on improving the service instead of spending their time "upselling."

Hi Mark,
    I know we have to do a better job at explaining features. I'll try and put together a quick screencast about this. My hesitation is just that it's hard to explain without images and/or video and that takes a bit of time.

In a nutshell, the main benefits of Enterprise are the multiple profiles, tracking, the mysterious SEO rules, as you outlined and the soon-to-come search functionality in which you will be able to set up a "catalog" of merchants and add a search box to your pages. In addition, Enterprise users will be able to access our API and bypass shopbuilder if they wish.

I will take some time and explain these things better, hopefully today.

Jessie

Just FYI, here is a quick screencast.com of me adding the term "Fathers Day gift idea: " to the beginning of each description within a shop (includes autofeed).

ABW Ambassador
    Jessie, thanks for the screencast. When you set an SEO Rule to "Fathers Day Gift" page, seems like the same rule will apply to all the shops that use the current shop style(at your screencast: Popshops Default).

My question is, what if I use the same shop style for "Fathers Day Gift", "Mothers day gift", "Christmas Gift" shops. How will the SEO rules work? Does it mean I need to add three shop styles for each of my three sample shops?

No, it's not style based. You create the rules and then apply them to the shops that you want. They could all share the same visual style and have different (or no) rules.

Jessie

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread