Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    AddThis.com Bookmark Button
    http://www.addthis.com/

Anybody using that? (just put it on a few pages, testing it out) See some big sites using it, looks pretty cool. Just some copy and paste javascript you can add to your pages so people can bookmark to their favorites or a lot of the other social bookmarking/sharing sites.

I like this because it will also show you stats, so you can see how many bookmarks you have, which pages are getting bookmarked.

And it looks like they have something for feeds too.

Yeap, I'm using it and yeap veryyyy easy to use. Hmm haven't checked out stats yet, will have to do that soon. Really do like it a lot, tho. Think Eric may have been the one who told me originally.

I'm using it, too. Super easy to use and you don't have to keep on top of the ever-changing list of sites that you can be submitted to.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Thanks Trust, adding it to sites and blogs today!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for sharing, Trust. Looks like a real find!

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you Trust for sharing with us this great tool!

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I use ShareThis, Alex King's plugin.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    I use ShareThis, Alex King's plugin.
    That is a great plug in, but the one Trust posted can be used on regular html pages also.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Alright, after using this for a week, love it. Can see the exact pages that are getting bookmarked and where they're getting bookmarked at, regular favorites, Digg, Stumbleupon, Facebook, Ask, etc. And they say this part will always be free and:

"Is AddThis Free?
    Yep! The features you see today on AddThis will always be free. We will soon provide additional premium services for those who need more from AddThis."

Will see what the premium services will be but the free stuff so far is actually something I would pay for.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Trust thanks looks like good tool and with the stats feature. Time to try it out few places.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes I use it on our blog and as a general book mark button, nice and easy to set up and works wonderfully well.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

This is the coolest widget I've found this entire year. Big time saver for submitting sites, and also gives a list of bookmarking sites I didn't know existed.

I suggest submitting only a couple pages a day to each site, and take some time to vote on pages that others have submitted as well.

It's easy to get banned if you submit too often (speaking from personal experience at StumbleUpon and Yahoo Answers)... even if the pages you submit get voted on a lot by site members.

Hey, I had to resurrect this now aging thread (sounds like the clothe in my jeans) -- I had AddThis working on two of my blogs before the webhost crash I suffered a couple of weeks ago.

Now, when I upload it to the WordPress plugin directory and activate it -- nothing shows up anywhere in the blog.

I went to the AddThis site and they have no installation instructions that I can find at all. I found a site offering the WP plugin for the AddThis widget -- and all it says is to upload and activate and it will appear after each post.

It WAS working and appearing after each post in pre-Crash days -- now I can't get it to show up anywhere.

Anybody know what I'm missing? I actually sent a "Contact" message to them a week or so ago and never got a reply.

Grrrrrr.
    Generate more fake news.

I've only got it on my site since I haven't gotten brave enough to do a blog yet, but it's on my new years resolutions....so gonna have to get brave soon. lol

Think Eric originally told me about it so he may see this, if not Chris has it on his blog....so he might see it.....if neither of em see this. Just email or pm either one of em and am sure they'd be happy to help ya.

Hope you've been making a lot of progress restoring your sites.

Gary--I have it working on a WordPress setup. If you don't get it going give me a PM tomorrow and we can compare installs. To late to think tonight.

Just a follow-up, with a "plea" included:

I got a copy of the AddThis WordPress plugin via email from bumpaw. It works for me just like it's supposed to. I didn't do anything but install the plugin, activate it, and it shows up.

No matter how many times I re-downloaded the plugin from AddThis and installed and activated it -- it won't work for me.

I tried repeated "Contact Us" submissions over the last couple of weeks to AddThis, and gotten no reply or acknowledgment -- so if you ever need or want help from the AddThis.com site, I wouldn't count on it. LOL!

My only problem with the plugin bumpaw sent me is that it is the static version, not the "drop-down" menu version.

Does anyone out there have a WordPress blog using the drop-down AddThis plugin and have it working -- and would you be willing to email me a copy of it? If so, you could send it as an attachment to gsfreelance at gmail dot com, and I would be truly grateful.

The drop-down WordPress plugin for AddThis which DOESN'T work for me is version 1.2, and I've downloaded it repeatedly from the AddThis.com link given -- yet the mystery goes on, as bumpaw and I both looked and looked at it and really couldn't figure out exactly why it won't work.

Thanks for any help you guys can share!
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    While I think this thing is great, my account shows nothing, which I know to be untrue. So my stats aren't tracking or something.. and sounds like emailing them won't help any. But it is definitely a great tool, minus any tracking.

Using the Wordpress pluggin, Gary, the one I have, it leaves the button on the bottom of posts, then when I hover the mouse over it, a box pops up (although it isn't really a pop up) appears with all the bookmarks, etc.. would that be the one you are looking for or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardaka
    While I think this thing is great, my account shows nothing, which I know to be untrue. So my stats aren't tracking or something.. and sounds like emailing them won't help any. But it is definitely a great tool, minus any tracking.

Using the Wordpress pluggin, Gary, the one I have, it leaves the button on the bottom of posts, then when I hover the mouse over it, a box pops up (although it isn't really a pop up) appears with all the bookmarks, etc.. would that be the one you are looking for or no?
    Yes indeed, that's the one I'm looking for. I'm sure I had it working in the "pre-Crash" blog installs I had. But, as I said above, there's just no way I can get it to work. And the one I picked up via email from bumpaw works -- but it's not the "drop-down" version like you mentioned. That's the one I'm looking for.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    And I'm pretty sure I didn't download the drop down one, but got it anyway? LOL

Email is on the way. Does work for me, so hopefully will work for you.

Edit: But yeah.. I've learned computers and "should logically work" don't always mix, lol.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I use "share this"

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I'm always all bah humbuggy about new things, especially social marketing / networking things, but I gotta say... everyone I talk to likes the AddThis thing, everyone - not a single person said they disliked it, and I asked and asked looking for someone who didn't.

Thanks for the tip Trust, I plan to figure out how to optimize my use of it on several sites in Q2 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I'm always all bah humbuggy about new things, especially social marketing / networking things, but I gotta say... everyone I talk to likes the AddThis thing, everyone - not a single person said they disliked it, and I asked and asked looking for someone who didn't.
    Bah, Humbug! Grumble, grumble, grump, grump.

And all that.

I've tried a ton of stuff and simply can't get the WordPress plugin version of the AddThis to work on my WordPress blogs.

I couldn't even get the "normal" or earlier version to work -- until bumpaw sent me a copy of his via email. That works fine.

But no matter what WP theme I use, and on two different WP versions, and no matter how many times I download and reinstall the little sucker, I CANNOT get that "drop-down menu" version to work on 4 different blogs. *sigh*
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Have you tried the wordpress forums? http://wordpress.org/support/

Should be someone there that can help you out.

Looks like some topics on it: http://wordpress.org/search/addthis?forums=1

Thanks, Trust. I appreciate the references. I've looked everything over and can't find any help that way.

I'll try to post to the WP forums about my specific problem and see what happens.

Come to think of it -- maybe I'll drop a support ticket to the company that hosts my VPS. I had a horrendous "crash" a couple of weeks ago -- and I think the AddThis plugin was working before the crash?? Hmmm.
    Generate more fake news.

For those using the dropdown version check to see if the option works to add to "Favorites". I tried the dropdown just now and all worked but that, so I am back to the plain Jane model. I don't want users to have trouble bookmarking in their browser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast