80% ebay sales down
    80% ebay sales down for last 3 days... is their tracking issues working fine ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xso
    80% ebay sales down for last 3 days... is their tracking issues working fine ?

Thanks
    Type "ebay" in the forum search box...

Ebay is using a guest registration service feature that is stealing ALL of our ACRU's.

I would encourage you to voice your complaints and ask them to remove this new feature: affiliates@ebay.com

if they stealing acru's then they have to pay for guest buy comission.... do they pay ?

I have had NO sales since the 11th. Normally I get a few a day. I have paused my PPC till I can figure out what is going on.

If the guest program is cutting back on our ACRU's does that mean we are not getting commissions on sales either?

Quote Originally Posted by soccermom
    I have had NO sales since the 11th. Normally I get a few a day. I have paused my PPC till I can figure out what is going on.

If the guest program is cutting back on our ACRU's does that mean we are not getting commissions on sales either?
    You still get paid on sales and a cookie still goes on their computer. Ebay "encourages" them to register and they have not added the guest feature to every category - YET.

I would definitely FREEZE all PPC campaigns as you definitely are not going to see ROI - in fact you will lose money at this point - unless sale commissions alone will cover your expenses!

If PPC is all you do - I would suggest researching the market place for items over $1000 in hopes that the sale commissions will cover PPC costs.

Ebay obviously didn't think about the damage this would do to PPC marketers.

Focus on creating several PPC program campaigns in case another major client decides to slap us like ebay has. That way when they do - you'll have several legs holding you up and won't incur significant financial damage.

There definitely needs to be a rule written into affiliate agreements that the advertisers must inform us of changes like this that will effect our PPC campaigns. I'm sure a good lawyer could find a breach of contract in all of this somewhere.

Judge Judy please stand by.

I have noticed a HUGE drop in both acru's and sales commission over the last week. Before this last week I was doing 20-30 sales and 3-4 acru's per day. Over the last week I have had no sales and no acru's - something definitely not right here for sure. Add to that the fact that the targeted traffic I have sent through to ebay has tripled over the last week as well, and that magnifies the problem even more.

I would not like to be in a position where I relied on ebay commissions to survive right now. Affiliate marketing is a bit like playing the stock market - NEVER have all your eggs in one basket, diversify your portfolio and spread the risk. That way if one program fails to perform, you have the rest to keep you going. This strategy has served me well over the years.

The last 2 days of reporting have shown a HUGE upswing for me, so maybe they've fixed things? *knocks on wood*
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    The last 2 days of reporting have shown a HUGE upswing for me, so maybe they've fixed things? *knocks on wood*
    I think what you've noticed is the backend approach ebay is taking to "encourage" people to register after they've made a transaction.

Please keep us posted as to your findings...

I think it would be good if we all share results and compare for purposes of testing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread