ABW Ambassador
    How to create a new shop with the same setting?
    After playing with the free 10 shops over the weekend, now I am exploring the Pro version of Popshops.

One question here: Can I create a new shop using the same settings(rows and columns, styles, preferences...)? In stead of going throught name a new shop, pick products(I know this step need to be done for every new shop), change style, set the preferences...I think I should be able to open an existing shop and change the products while keep other settings the same. Am I right?

I asked this a while back too! http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94196

If you open an existing shop and make changes and then "Pop it In" you will have changed the original shop. You need to create a new shop but on the Configure tab you can select any syles that you have already created. For specific advice contact support (at) Popshops.com, they always respond. Here in the forum a little slower.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    Thanks porkchop. I did a few keyword search on "duplicate shops, duplicate a shop..." and came out nothing. Upon your thread, seems like it will be my another Christmas wish

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    If you open an existing shop and make changes and then "Pop it In" you will have changed the original shop. You need to create a new shop but on the Configure tab you can select any syles that you have already created. For specific advice contact support (at) Popshops.com, they always respond. Here in the forum a little slower.
    I figure it might just be a simple function I've missed. Since it is weekend, probably there is nobody work on Popshop to answer my email.

Jessie already responsed on pockchop's thread. I think there is no sense to email them and ask. I guess for now we just have to make shops one by one. Althought it is kind of basic function I think PopShop should consider to add on for Pro and Enterprise user. Maybe it is only available for Enterprise user? I doubt it.

Yeah, I've tried the way you suggest, I still have to go through name a shop, set rows and columns, pick a style, check the preferences...

To clarify, my reply was for creating a new PopShop with different products and with the same settings as an existing shop, not for duplicating an existing shop with a different name. Didn't mean to cause any confusion, and you will get better, faster answers from support (at) popshops.com than from the forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    To clarify, my reply was for creating a new PopShop with different products and with the same settings as an existing shop, not for duplicating an existing shop with a different name.
    No you are not cofusing me. That's exact what I was asking:

How to create a new PopShop with different products and with the same settings as an existing shop

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    It sounds like you want a way to make preset style+column. I'm using Pro and I haven't seen how to do that but I don't see how that would be any faster unless the issue is changing the name by adding a 1 or something.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    It sounds like you want a way to make preset style+column. I'm using Pro and I haven't seen how to do that but I don't see how that would be any faster unless the issue is changing the name by adding a 1 or something.
    By default, whenever you start a new shop, the setting go back to "2 columns, 6 rows", which actually is not a very big deal since it is only two clicks to change it to 3 columns and 5 rows(for example).

I like to use "automatically create additional pages..." and other features under "preferences", however, by default, every time you create a new shop, those "automatically create additional pages..." fresh back to uncheck again.

Also by default, the new shop is create on "PopShops default style", say if I use "alternating wide" for all shops, I just have to repeately go through "customize" to change the style.

It will be a lot time saver if we can open an existing shop, change the products selection, and saved as another shop without overwrite the existing shop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of hard and repeating work, just thought it will be a great plus for Popshops wonderful tool .

Hope my explanation is clear enough to you.

I understand your idea now and it makes sense to me too now that you explained it so clearly.

Lets hope PopShops people like it too.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Why not just use a new deafault style? Once you make it you can use that same style for all your shops.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Why not just use a new deafault style? Once you make it you can use that same style for all your shops.
    That would be ideal!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The problem with that would be if you use a different layout for each website. I use three different color combinations depending on the website I'm going to send the shop to.

I use different layouts (4 columns vs 3, etc) and different colors (text and border colors differ) and I simply create a "default" for each site. Save the style as "Site 1 Default" and "Site 2 Default" (use the actual site name) or "Site 1 Vertical" - whatever will be easy for you to recognize each time you need to apply a style to a new shop.

As far as I know there is no limit to the number of styles you can save. I have (at last count) about 115 PopShops and I'd hate to have to reapply a style each time! So far, Popshops has thought of almost everything to make life easy.

The style setting doesn't set the number of columns.

Oh yeah, that's true, so when you're picking products for a new shop you do need to remember if that site needs 3 or 4 columns, etc. But everything else from all the colors to image size, etc is taken care of with the style.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    I use different layouts (4 columns vs 3, etc) and different colors (text and border colors differ) and I simply create a "default" for each site. Save the style as "Site 1 Default" and "Site 2 Default" (use the actual site name) or "Site 1 Vertical" - whatever will be easy for you to recognize each time you need to apply a style to a new shop.
    Could you please explain how you create a "default" layout for each site? I went back and forth on Popshop interface trying to find out a way to do it. Maybe we are not using the same version. Are you using Pro or Enterprise?

ABW Ambassador
    Never mind, Joyaz. I think I've figured how to save a new site style. But since Popshop is currently having problems, I couldn't test if it is the right way to do it.

Just in case somebody else like to know. Here is what I think it will work:

under style, add new style, change the name to whatever you want, and save.

Hi Mayfly,

With an existing shop open, or create a new group on products, first click on the CUSTOMIZE tab. Then click on STYLES, click the green ADD button (plus sign) and give this style a new name. Set everything you want (text size, colors, image size, etc) and save.

Now this style will be available for you to use when creating more shops (or to apply to an existing shop). If you want to duplicate this with new products, you can click NEW SHOP, pick products and go to Styles and apply this one you created previously.

Hope this helps. I'm a newbie and I'm using PRO.

(well you and I posted at the exact same time!)

Thanks everyone! I just ran into this problem and found the answer here

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread