Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CJ Completely Down - Again
    I'm not talking about slow reporting, I'm talking about completely, system-wide down - from www.cj.com to serving up graphic ads to forwarding clicks to merchants. We've noticed this on and off for the last few weeks. Sometimes lasts for several days.

Costing us a substantial amount of money. Visitors who click on an affiliate text ad are taken to an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" so no immediate sale can be made from those clicks. I suppose prior visitors with cookies might still be making purchases, but I don't see how CJ can be recording them since nothing in their system seems to be up.

Can't imagine this can be affecting only us, unless CJ runs off of independent data centers, though that would still mean that other users directed to the down center should be experiencing the same problem.

At any rate, bad time of the year for this to happen.

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't seen anything today. I've been getting links and working overnight and all was fine on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I haven't seen anything today. I've been getting links and working overnight and all was fine on my end.
    That's what strikes me as strange. I checked these forums a few days ago to see if anyone else was having this experience and it didn't seem so.

We have two sites that use CJ and both are having the same problem - and they're different CJ accounts. Equally strange is the fact that we get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when simply navigating to www.cj.com.

Very odd.

ABW Ambassador
    CJ.com is coming up fine for me and not even slow today. See if cj.com is coming up when you put it in:

https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

http://hidemyass.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    CJ.com is coming up fine for me and not even slow today. See if cj.com is coming up when you put it in:

https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

http://hidemyass.com/

Trust - many thanks for those links. CJ (and our affiliate links) work when accessed through them. What does that mean, though? Is there a way for me to tell if CJ is blocking me or my ISP is blocking CJ?

Again, thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I think others might have a better idea, I was trying to read other threads where this happens. Could be your ISP or some settings changed somewhere, DNS something, not sure.

It's working fine for me too. I had 1 day last week where CJ seemed to just disappear. I was logged in and working, then click a link and got a site not found error. I could surf other sites ok but CJ was MIA for me. This only lasted a few minutes but don't know if the problem was CJ or the connection to them.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

works okay for me. slow sales this morning, but it does seem to be working and tracking.

This might sound stupid but I had this issue a few months back. when I checked out CJ from my friend's computer, it was working fine.

Seems as if it was my computer. I deleteed all cookies andclered the history and it worked fine.

I use several cj javascripts link and image ... and now it down ... make a pages not load properly arghhhhh

Question
    When will cj get their act together? Don't they understand this is the busy time of year?????

I think tracking has been down for a week now. I went from having some orders a day to zero orders a day. Have you been experience the same thing or have you been getting less orders???

Next year, I'm really going to heavily promote the SAS merchants and LinkShare. I lost so much money already.

Exclamation Did you recently install anti-spam software?
    Norton and Spybot do this. They block CJ. Other anti-spam tools do the same.

Sudden blockage + nobody else reporting the same = makes me think it might be that.

ABW Ambassador
    Norton no longer blocks CJ since they are now a CJ merchant themselves.

Still down ... and sales very slowww

ABW Ambassador
    CJ is not down. Try through the proxies that Trust posted above.

what i think is sad is that there is an obvious issue that pops up every couple of weeks and has become the norm as opposed to the exception.

Is VC trying to run CJ into the ground? It's Christmas as far as we are concerned, so it's to late to change anything for this year...sad just sad

AFAIK CJ is not down.
    You may have problems with your local dns settings (or HOSTS file), viruses, your ISP, etc.
    Try to access CJ's IP directly: http://64.70.54.78/

However it has nothing to do with your slow sales, unless your server is the same local PC.

i have not problem with cj.com even i can manage my account,
    but problem is with cj link / products link / javascripts ... i click my cj link and it not works

Quote Originally Posted by Affnice
    i have not problem with cj.com even i can manage my account,
    but problem is with cj link / products link / javascripts ... i click my cj link and it not works
    Have someone you know check your links or even a different browser. I have 3 programs on CJ and they're all getting sales daily.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affnice, I have visited a few of your sites and all the links I clicked were working correctly.

I'm sure there is problem with cj link ... just check perfomance and click down 50% while traffic up to 100%

ABW Ambassador
    There is no problem with the link. It's your connection. I just went through the URL in your other post, removing the spaces. It resolved to http://www.kjordan.com/keycode.cmd?c...dest=home.jsp?

Could the problem possibly be with the HOSTS File?
    I had that problem a while ago.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    CJ's fine for me, all day. LinkShare, a different story.

Trust was right - through my browser sometimes CJ is up, sometimes down (same with our CJ affiliate links) - but through a proxy site it's been consistently up, meaning that it's our problem, not CJ's. Had to sign up for a Mega Proxy account in order to work in CJ, but so far like the service from this company.

Many thanks again to Trust - and my apologies if I started another "CJ not working" thread.

Still not sure where my browser issue is originating, though ran a tracert command and have some idea now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast