Changes made in PopShops not showing up live?
    This morning had a shop with 1 inactive product, so I removed that product and replaced it with something different, like I do every morning. I decided to check the page and was surprised to see the changes had not taken place.

I am not using autofeed on this shop. I changed the preferences settings so that inactive products wouldn't show (as a test), viewed the page and it was still the same. I cleared my cache, closed the browser and reopened, checked the page using a different browser, even checked on a different computer in the house, etc.

Anyone know why I'm not seeing the new content? (I'm using PHP.) Is this just an issue with my web host? Other pages I have modified are showing new content just fine. I'm confused.

It looks like the entire PopShops site is down again -- nothing is responding, as of a moment ago. (I was checking two sites that I'd changed earlier this morning -- one responded with the changes reflected, and then I started getting timeouts.)

Edit: And of course, as soon as I posted, PopShops was working again.

ALL of my shops are down now. I just went to check and see if the new content was showing up yet, as posted earlier, and now nothing is showing up. Yikes.

Temporary glitch - I can see my popshops now. But the shop I changed earlier still has the old content (???)

After new content still not showing up, I regenerated the (PHP) code and replaced what was there, and now I have new content.

This is the first time I've had to do that to get new products to show. (?)

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi Joyaz,

Sent a query to the engineering team on the down time.

As to the shop itself not updating, usually once you set a shop live (in anything but html) you should be able to make any changes to it (design/product/layout) and those changes should update automatically. Which means you don't have to update the code. My initial suggestion is to make sure you have cleared you browsers cache, don't just simply refresh, then to attempt the change again. If that doesn't work please shoot an email to our support system with the your id and the name of the shop in question and our engineers will take a look.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Thanks, Angel. Yes, I had cleared my cache, tried in a different browser and tried on a different computer with no changes showing.

I did email support with the info on this problem, even though I finally got it resolved.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread