Exclamation Food for thought - CandyWarehouse
    I draw you into the past and it is important you read this thread
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...yWarehouse.com
    I have given a lot of thought before I post this but I think it needs to be said:

I have been a CJ affiliate since 1999 and I have rolled along that rough road with a lot of you veterans. I see a new merchant at CJ, CandyWarehouse - not so new, they left CJ, very suddenly 5 years ago, and left owing many commissions, myself approx $200, and I know I was one of many - no explanation, no payment collected, even after phone calls direct from many affiliates. So, I contacted CJ, they wanted evidence that CandyWarehouse was ever a part of CJ, fortunately I have a record of an old link ID and also the waybackmachine holds several of the webpages that were designed specific to the merchant.

CJ this morning confirmed to me the superuser is the same for this new account as was the old one and thanked me for my inquiry, have a nice day.

Call me crazy but I think CandyWarehouse publishers should know how CJ is protecting their interests, and what trust issues there is with this merchant.

Abigail,

It most certainly does need to be said and THANK YOU for doing so!

It's absolutely appalling that CJ would let them back into the network after they up and left wile still owing affiliate commissions and after confirming that it's the same people involved it's just a typical CJ slap in the face for them to do nothing.

Disgusting!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent post although I wouldn't have any qualms whatsoever about posting. This is the most valuable type of information posted. After all, what's the point in signing up with a merchant that doesn't pay?

I wanted CandyWarehouse to see this but there is no affiliate contact info. on their website, only a link to CJ.

Stay away from this merchant and SHAME ON YOU CJ!

I have tried poking at CJ, again, the response was for me to supply evidence that they left without paying affiliates and they want me to approach the merchant direct with any said evidence - so I guess they expect that of each and every affiliate that had a reversal and non pay issue with them - they don't seem to have any problem with CandyWarehouse. My, my, tsh, tsh CJ!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for the heads-up, Abigail. I even remember their logo, the kid with the missing tooth. Candy Warehouse is definitely to be avoided.

ABW Ambassador
    It is CJ's responsibility to investigate any complaint about their merchants' affiliate programs. While I certainly don't condone CJ's lack of records (if they in fact don't exist), the prior affiliate program was with CJ as a private company before they were acquired by ValueClick.

You can supply evidence to CJ by sending them a link to the 2002 discussion that you posted above. They should also see a link to this thread so they see the ramifications of their inaction.

ABW Ambassador
    If anyone has Kerri Pollard's email address at CJ, please forward this to her or PM me her email address and I will.

I have already directed an email back to CJ with a link to the 2002 post - of course there is an issue of not being able to track transactions in the CJ system for a number of reasons, I understand that. I have also pointed out that it is not the $$$, after all this time, it is the fact that the merchant has been welcomed back and CJ seems oblivious of the past - it is disappointing, no explantations at all.

just a little update - rec'd a communique from CJ this a.m., just a note to let me know they are looking further into this concern.

ABW Ambassador
    Any update?

Whataya wanta bet that CJ collected any fees owed to them before allowing this merchant back in? I can't believe that any "corporation's" record keeping is so poor that they can't find any reference to a merchant that stiffed them also.

Abigail, it sounds to me that CJ is just giving you the run-around waiting for you to get tired of inquiring so that they an get on with business as usual.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Abigail, it sounds to me that CJ is just giving you the run-around waiting for you to get tired of inquiring so that they an get on with business as usual.
    -rematt
    and so it could be. they have promised to escalate to the research dept. that was just before the thanksgiving holiday. so i was curious at what would happen if i applied to the program. obviously they haven't brought my inquiry to the merchant, at any rate in my acct name, because after a couple of days i was accepted. i won't be participating, obviously.

ABW Ambassador
    "So, I contacted CJ, they wanted evidence that CandyWarehouse was ever a part of CJ,"

Yeah, I don't buy that they don't know or don't have a record. You just linked to an old thread talking about them in the CJ forum. I remember them. Send them this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200202050...ffiliates.html

Internet archive. Links to their affiliate program at CJ for those past years. The above is a 2002 link.

thanks for the info - i have got them to admit the old affiliation and i think that's why the customer rep i was dealing with finally pushed the info up a level. i wanted to give them a clear working week after their last communique - i will be at them again on Monday. it probably wouldn't hurt the cause if some of the other CJ veterans who participated in the old program sent along an email to them, as well. i'll keep you posted.

Sorry that happened to you, Abigail. I'd have been really disappointed to lose that much commission. What I don't understand is how CJ could have let them just deactivate without paying their affiliates their earnings? Seems like bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by amysolovay
    What I don't understand is how CJ could have let them just deactivate without paying their affiliates their earnings? Seems like bad business.
    It's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last. In all fairness though, the networks have less control over merchants paying their bills since they don't require an escrow account or some other means of pre-payment. That's what makes SaS's Auto-pay merchants popular.

I believe that merchants are sent periodic invoices for commissions owed as well as the network fees. If the merchant doesn't pay the invoice, the network doesn't get paid, we don't get paid and the merchant likely goes inactive. There's nothing unusual about this, there are deadbeats in any industry. What is unbelievable is that CJ would be willing to work with this merchant again given their past history.

I have no doubt in my mind that before they were allowed back in to the network that they were required to pay any outstanding invoices. At least the amount that was owed to CJ. It appears that once again affiliates that are owed money are on their own. I suppose it's only bad business to CJ if THEY don't get paid.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    What is unbelievable is that CJ would be willing to work with this merchant again given their past history.
    -rematt
    and therein lies the issue - it's really not the money anymore, that is long gone, it's the trust issue - how can we trust CJ, how can we trust this merchant, it's just a very big sighhhh

**** This post is old but decided to still post since I am researching this merchant.

I am glad I did a bit of research here on abestw first.

Anyone know an update on this merchant?

I see some products that would fit in one of my sites but now I think I may have to dig deeper to find another merchant.... ??? I am looking for Halloween candy.

ABW Ambassador
    I've had some sales with them since my other candy merchant at CJ, Candy Depot, deactivated. SAS has some candy merchants you might want to take a look at (Candy Crate, Old Time Candy etc), I get some sales with them.

Thanks Trust. Good to know that you had some sales with them afterwards. I will also check out Candy Crate. They seem to have what I am looking for.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread