http and a telephoto
    Zazzle leaving CJ for Performics
    Live on DC Performics now, and shutting down CJ at the end of January.

Folks that I am hearing from are wishing they had gone to Shareasale, but are glad they are leaving CJ.

They are doing this the right way, giving affiliates plenty of time to make the switch!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yeah, wish they were going to SAS. Performics is ok not much betetr then CJ in my opinion. Much harder to reach AM's. Looks like many CJ Merchants are leaving. I guess they're receiving the same uncustomer service as affiliates.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Saw the PFX New Merchant Announcement today.

http and a telephoto
    The buzz I am hearing is that folks are wondering if Zazzle are looking for a different affiliate base than the other POD's on CJ have.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    what's a pod?

http and a telephoto
    POD = Print on Demand ie CafePress and Spreadshirt among others.

Sorry, I have so many folks that are in the POD space I forget that the CP forum here is gone and people have no clue what I am talking about
    Deborah Carney

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    Looks like many CJ Merchants are leaving.
    I think it's a musical chair for most of the networks. i.e. Target moved off LS, Zazzle moved off CJ, etc

Don't forget that Zazzle is on the Share Results Network and have been with us for over a year.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I signed up with Zazzle at CJ but I'm glad now I never did anything with it. I promote a lot of products on Cafe Press through CJ mostly because a) I'm a CP shopkeeper so I know the product lines, and b) it's very easy to make a product link with CJ for any merchant.

I've never really done product links with Performics (except through a datafeed) and I expect that Zazzle won't have a traditional datafeed because of the enormous numbers of products available, so I guess I'm wondering how the heck they will be able to work with Performics' clunky link-generating software.

Anybody got the inside scoop?

Lately though, it seems as if there's been more movement out of CJ. some of the meails that I've received have even subtely mentioned that they're leaving b/c of campaign management issues.

http and a telephoto
    Rhea, the Zazzle datafeed consists of the licenced images. No, I don't promote them, but have seen the datafeed
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Also, if you have a shop, they have an inhouse affiiliate program that they call a referral program.

Liz just told me about another affiliate program leaving Linkshare for Performics with zero notice, sounds like Performics is getting an infux of new merchants. Interesting.
    Deborah Carney

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for the info, Deb. I don't like the way Performics handles datafeeds. I got into an argument with one of their employees when I asked that they NOT send me the datafeed every day. She insisted that I update my site every day. lol! In any case I don't care to go through that again.

I'm not in love with CJ but at least it's easy to make product links with them.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    sounds like Performics is getting an infux of new merchants. Interesting
    Well now that Donuts said something good about them, merchants are flocking in droves - lololololol

I'm just guessing, but it could be because they'll have the name Goog attached to them

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm just guessing, but it could be because they'll have the name Goog attached to them"

Yep. I remember posting awhile back not seeing any new merchants for weeks, now new merchants are popping up left and right. Google power.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I remember hearing that the decision had not yet been made by G whether to keep Performics as part of the DC acquisition or not. I assume that decision will come later, after the wrangling over anti-trust and competition clears the air in North Amercia and Europe. Anyone heard anything different or new about the Performics subsidiary's future status?

I think people are going there because PFX handles so much more for the merchants than either CJ or LS. CJ's rebuttal to the recent lawsuits concerning things most expect the network to do, was basically "that's the merchant's responsibility"... and affs and merchants can't sign into LS today or this week and the reporting is a disaster and the company is owned by folks who don't understand our markets and certainly have not changed anything at LS since the transition inn ownership.

I do argue that PFX has been shown to be engaged in adware use, while CJ and LS just have poor policing of it - making them specturdular. But at the same time, IF they remain under G going forward, I expect most of that yuckware activity to cease.

If I were a merchant, I'd sit tight - it's Q4. If PFX is announced to stay under the G name for the long term, then watch to see if they clean up - then, and only then, add them to the short list of ethical networks. That list today, in my opinion, only includes ShareASale and AvantLink.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They are doing this the right way, giving affiliates plenty of time to make the switch!
    Don't some networks require exclusivity? (and hence the overnight network moves many merchants seem to make at inopportune times...)

LinkShare is the only network I know of that requires exclusivity.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We were pushed VERY hard and encountered quite a few technical "roadblocks" but, in the end, we have not found an exclusivity requirement...

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread