Having Problems with the New Link Locator Direct 2?
    I'm trying to implement Linkshare's new Link Locator Direct 2 APIs announced a week ago, but I'm experiencing problems getting data.

I've tried both the REST and SOAP interfaces using PHP, and even used software for testing SOAP web services, but all three returned the same Authentication error message.

I use the FeedSynergy token I generated from the FeedSynergy Affiliate page, and I'm quite sure I'm using it and the required parameters correctly, so I'm thinking the problem is on the Linkshare Web services server.

I've sent 3 separate e-mail messages to the Link Locator Direct staff last Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but there's been no response to-date.

Is Linkshare's Link Locator Direct available now? Is it ready for primetime? I assumed it is, per Linkshare's announcement Nov 9.

Anyone having similar problems?

Oscar

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Not sure if this could cause it but look this up
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=97653

LS is having some technical issues. Again, not sure if that is co-related but just a heads up

Angry I am having the same problems for past 3-4 days.
    I am having the same problems for past 3-4 days. I get database sql exceptions errors or Webservices Timeout errors.
    I emailed the webservices support team with the error message. Pathetic, the team member didn't even read my email, he/she simply suggested that I should contact the merchandiser group. I replied back to their email, and still waiting to hear back from them. The problem I am having is very fundamental. Wouldn't they test before releasing something this big?

Quote Originally Posted by kpaddy
    I am having the same problems for past 3-4 days. I get database sql exceptions errors or Webservices Timeout errors.
    I emailed the webservices support team with the error message. Pathetic, the team member didn't even read my email, he/she simply suggested that I should contact the merchandiser group. I replied back to their email, and still waiting to hear back from them. The problem I am having is very fundamental. Wouldn't they test before releasing something this big?
    Hi kpaddy,

I totally agree with you. It looks like they announced and released the new features prematurely. And the poor response (or non-response in my case) from the LLD support team has been... well, "pathetic" as you said.

Either they are swamped with more critical problems, or are already in "holiday" mode.

Also, based on the login problems I read here, as well as our own API problems as developers, it seems to me that they may have implemented new authentication routines and a Web services API that weren't adequately tested.

The result? Frustrated affiliates like us.

I do hope they give us even a bit of attention, because, personally, I'm having serious second thoughts about Linkshare and am thinking of more reliable alternatives.

Btw, thanks for the post.

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Not sure if this could cause it but look this up
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=97653

LS is having some technical issues. Again, not sure if that is co-related but just a heads up
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the post. Yes, it seems to me that they are related and these login problems may have been the result of new authentication routines (as part of a new set of APIs) Linkshare implemented that were not adequately tested.

That's my take as a developer.

Thanks again,

Oscar

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Not sure if this is related but I am showing two feeds as active via FeedSynergy but when I try to use a prompt to GET the files it says files not found. Why does Linkshare have to make getting feeds so damn difficult. There are not these hoops at any other network.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread