Results 1 to 6 of 6
November 20th, 2007, 01:30 AM #1Having Problems with the New Link Locator Direct 2?
I'm trying to implement Linkshare's new Link Locator Direct 2 APIs announced a week ago, but I'm experiencing problems getting data.
I've tried both the REST and SOAP interfaces using PHP, and even used software for testing SOAP web services, but all three returned the same Authentication error message.
I use the FeedSynergy token I generated from the FeedSynergy Affiliate page, and I'm quite sure I'm using it and the required parameters correctly, so I'm thinking the problem is on the Linkshare Web services server.
I've sent 3 separate e-mail messages to the Link Locator Direct staff last Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but there's been no response to-date.
Is Linkshare's Link Locator Direct available now? Is it ready for primetime? I assumed it is, per Linkshare's announcement Nov 9.
Anyone having similar problems?
November 20th, 2007, 07:22 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 31st, 2006
- Houston TX
November 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM #3
I am having the same problems for past 3-4 days.
- Join Date
- February 21st, 2006
I am having the same problems for past 3-4 days. I get database sql exceptions errors or Webservices Timeout errors.
I emailed the webservices support team with the error message. Pathetic, the team member didn't even read my email, he/she simply suggested that I should contact the merchandiser group. I replied back to their email, and still waiting to hear back from them. The problem I am having is very fundamental. Wouldn't they test before releasing something this big?
November 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM #4Originally Posted by kpaddy
I totally agree with you. It looks like they announced and released the new features prematurely. And the poor response (or non-response in my case) from the LLD support team has been... well, "pathetic" as you said.
Either they are swamped with more critical problems, or are already in "holiday" mode.
Also, based on the login problems I read here, as well as our own API problems as developers, it seems to me that they may have implemented new authentication routines and a Web services API that weren't adequately tested.
The result? Frustrated affiliates like us.
I do hope they give us even a bit of attention, because, personally, I'm having serious second thoughts about Linkshare and am thinking of more reliable alternatives.
Btw, thanks for the post.
November 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM #5Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
Thanks for the post. Yes, it seems to me that they are related and these login problems may have been the result of new authentication routines (as part of a new set of APIs) Linkshare implemented that were not adequately tested.
That's my take as a developer.
December 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM #6
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
Not sure if this is related but I am showing two feeds as active via FeedSynergy but when I try to use a prompt to GET the files it says files not found. Why does Linkshare have to make getting feeds so damn difficult. There are not these hoops at any other network.
By arianman in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 8Last Post: September 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM
By offerfind in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 5Last Post: May 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
By pirate3x3 in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 1Last Post: May 28th, 2008, 09:03 PM
By bouffoc in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 4Last Post: January 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
By signofDtimes in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 3Last Post: January 30th, 2007, 05:09 PM