Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    What Makes This Country So Great! Happy Thanksgiving
    About 4 weeks ago, Andy had contacted our local commissioner's office to inquire how ARC could get more involved with serving less fortunate people in the community during the Thanksgiving Holiday. The commissioner’s office informed us that they were conducting an annual Thanksgiving Turkey giveaway at the Orange Bowl on Tuesday, November 20, 2007. We agreed to attend the function and we all got up early this morning and headed to our beloved (and soon to be gone) Orange Bowl to go hand out Turkeys.

As I drove to the parking lot at the Orange Bowl, there was a huge line of women, kids, elderly and disabled people waiting outside the gates. I couldn’t believe that there were so many people waiting for food. After we got settled in, they opened the gates and let the people in.

As we started handing out food and looked at the faces of women, children and elderly people happy to receive what we were giving out, I quickly realized how fortunate I really am. Here I was giving out the only food these people were probably going to eat, yet I am fortunate enough to have not only one turkey but two Turkeys for our Thanksgiving dinner (we are big family).

I also recognized how great our country is to have these types of events to help the less fortunate. When I looked at the eyes of these kids holding a can of food, or helping their mom with the food we had given them, it broke my heart. But it also encouraged me because there were many people in line who have just arrived to the U.S. and in one way or another this is their first Thanksgiving and to know that this country offers them a meal so they can feel welcomed is truly awesome. I know that there will be children who remember being in line waiting for food, but they will also remember how great it was to get something so they too can participate in this great holiday event we call Thanksgiving.

With all that being said, I want to take this opportunity to thank many of my fellow ABWer’s for being so kind to me throughout this year, I also want to personally point out a few who have really helped me along the way this year in which I am extremely thankful to:

Andy, for being who he is..

Haiko, for instituting such a great place like ABW..you the man!

AJ, for taking last minute requests and helping me with my computer at a moments notice

Stephanie, for helping us and being part of the ARC family

Peter, for being someone we can rely on

Pat, for always showing me the ways of the affiliate force! Haha

My wife, son and Family, for supporting me!

Billy Kay, for always giving us a warm welcome in Vegas and showing me how to gamble…

Brian, for your hospitality at your events and caring for the affiliate community

Mal, for our new found friendship and really sticking to doing what’s right in our industry

Loxly, for always talking to me at a moments notice and being momma!

I am sure there are many others but I thought I would mention a few people I am thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I am sure there are others in this forum that are also thankful for people in their lives, please feel free to add to this post.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Good stuff Emilio!

Happy Thanksgiving
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Wow. Right from the heart, Emilio.

Nancy and I sincerely wish a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    Billy Kay, for showing me how to gamble…
    And for lightening the load in your wallet as part of the educational process!!

Very nice post Emilio. So true - there is nothing more gratifying than helping those who honestly need the help. It is the essence of humanity..

Happy Thanksgiving to you also. :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    About 4 weeks ago, Andy had contacted our local commissioner's office to inquire how ARC could get more involved with serving less fortunate people in the community during the Thanksgiving Holiday.
    It's the generosity of people like you and Andy making these things happen that really makes the difference. Happy Thanksgiving to you both, and your families.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    oh geez, stir up those feelings inside us!!

very nice e

I am glad im part of this abw community Its always good to have people look after you! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

http and a telephoto
    Emilio I always love talking to you I love that I have a place to be Momma Loxly and that people know they can call me or IM me and I am here with an ear or with the encouragement they need. I've said it before, I'll say it again, thanks Haiko for giving us a place were we can be us.... I love my ABW family.... sometimes I want to smack some of you... but I love ya anyways
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Happy Thanksgiving. What's everybody got planned? I slept yesterday woke up at midnight and have been working since then, last 9 hours on Black Friday stuff. Taking a break then going out to visit, eat Thanksgiving food, hopefully catch some football and then come back and work later tonight. Pulling a 24 hr day today (mountain dew drip into the bloodstream) Have a safe one, eat lots of food.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Emilio Happy Thanksgiving to you, Andy and the whole ARC family.

That was great gesture and good to hear. You should have called me and I would have galdly been there helping you and ARC buying and handing out food not as opm or anything but just as a friend cause you know you guys are always right here and nearby. Next year or any other time let me know, will be there for sure.

Happy Thanksgiving, Emilio, Andy, and the ARC crew! I'm thankful for ABW, such a generous and caring group of people. Generous with their time, knowledge, money, you name it, you all are so eager to help your fellow man. It's inspiring and I'm thankful to be a part of it.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody here, too. Agree with everything that's been said. Turkey's in the oven and I'm back to editing my sites now. Everybody enjoy your day and also be sure to make it safe.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Emilio, that sounds like a great way to make a contribution and I'm sure the people were very appreciative. I remember when we were in Boy Scouts we used to do what was called Scouting for Food at this time every year. We'd collect canned goods for donation.

I hope everyone is sure to express their thanks by overeating today.
    Brook Schaaf
    Schaaf-PartnerCentric
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf
    www.schaafpc.com | brook@schaafpc.com

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

For me, this year the turkey actually managed to not suck, and the conversation was pretty good. So it was an exemplary Thanksgiving (excepting the fact that this morning the first snow that stuck had arrived, of course).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving .... we had over 40 people in our house, freinds and family, it was wonderful. Millie and another close family member cooked starting at 8 am, needless to say we had a feast ... (pictures to follow soon) ..

The Orange Bowl was a very humbling experience, sometimes we forget (myself included) of everything we have, the experiences we are blessed with in our lives and we take many things for granted. I personally was deeply touched by the many families, single moms and children that stood in line for over 6 hours for a few cans of food and a turkey. We hear about these things but experiencing them first hand is humbling to say the least. Many times my eyes watered behind my sunglasses as I was handing out food and I thought to myself, wow, I have soo much to be greatful for. I am already thinking of even more ways to help and give back, not only on thanksgiving but throughout the year. I will some post pictures of the Orange Bowl experience later during the week once I download the camera.

I hope everyone had not only a great Thanksgiving yesterday but that we all remember that the need to give thanks is not only during this special time of year but daily for we all have plenty to give thanks for ...

God Bless !!!
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; November 23rd, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Andy, great stuff amigo. No doubt, when we keep our minds in balance and remember the precious privilige we have of giving, as well as receiving, life is much more fulfilling.

Perhaps the most important of our fiduciary blessings is that we live in a free enterprise society that allows us boundless opportunities to achieve our dreams and prosper to our hearts content.

In our "life growth" experiences we can easily get so caught up in the thrill of making money for ourselves, that our thought processes become blurred and receiving becomes our primary motivator. Me, Me, Me replaces brotherhood and mutual respect. Yet, when something inside empowers us to give of ourselves to others, our hearts feel the warmth of our actions, and our minds soar with positive contentment. What you got to do at the Orange bowl is one of those "grounding" experiences that reminds us of the importance of humility, generosity, honesty, helping those in need and letting the best of our humanity shine.

Congratulations to you and the ARC crew for giving of yourselves. It made your Thanksgiving an even more meaningful day, and brought the kindness of humanity to others who benefitted from the effort.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Good stuff Emilio. That certainly is an eye opening post. You gain a new understanding of the needs and misfortunes that our fello Americans face. Nice work!

I helped package pies made from bakeries all over Boston, that were to be shipped out and sold. The money raised from selling those pies goes directly to charity. It wasn't the same experience that you had, but it felt good knowing that I was helping the less forunate during this time of giving thanks for what you have.

I hope you and everyone else from ARC had a great holiday!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    LOL... my son and I filled 6 large moving boxes with stuff for charity

I just called Goodwiill all excited about my good deed

The earliest they can schedule a pickup is...

the first week of March 2008!!!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread