Help, please:(
    Computer gremlins won't leave me alone. First LS, now this is really weird. Gonna sound really goofy but is anybody using FrontPage and has Make a Page images on their site from SAS? I can't edit my site now. I've checked pages of my site to edit that only have other network links on them and images are showing and I can edit those pages.

Weird thing is I do have some pages made with SAS's Make a Page and images are showing on pages and can edit those pages.....but some of the pages made with it, I can't edit them now. Maybe a handful of images on those pages will gradually appear but the cursor just keeps having the little hourglass turning and I can't stop it to edit. Now, don't think I'm goofy this is really happening. lol It says it's requesting data. When I go to SAS and the Make a page the same thing is happening with the images...

I know this sounds really goofy lol don't think it would just be a FP problem cos the other network images aren't having a problem and can edit those pages....it's only the pages made with the SAS links.... ( and only some) Have rebooted a couple of times, even logged outa SAS where I had been trying to get links and is still happening.

Anybody have any idea why this is happennig and what I can do to make it stop so I can edit my pages. Now, don't keep laughing at me, have not been drinking and really is happening.

Sorry,
    I haven't encountered this problem before. Curious what other SAS affiliates have to say. Sorry I couldn't be helpful on this.

ABW Ambassador
    Purplebear, I did have a problem with the pages using "make a page" for one of my SAS merchant CrazyforBargain. All the images are not showing or trying to show very very slow. (I just asked Carolyn for help on another thread). I'm not sure if my issue is related to yours. But here is what I think about your problem.

You said "the hourglass turning and I can't stop it to edit", I've had that problem before. Most likely FP is still trying to save the previous edit job you did, even if you think you didn't edit anything yet or have finshed the editing already. Once you click on "save", the "requesting data" note on the left bottom will show, usually it takes a couple seconds to save the new page, but if the note keep showing, that means FP still trying to save the page.

I think it might somehow related to the slowing loading images from the merchant you are "making a page" with.

Another possiblity is: if you are using "share border" funtion with FP plus having FP extension enabled, and you have thousands of pages on this site, it could take forever to for the FP to request data(save the page).

To stop the problem, all I did is to "ctrl+delete" to shut down the program(sounds dumb, but it worked). Then open a new FP.

No, you are not goofy, I know what you are talking about

I'm answering myself. lol Whatever this was that was making this happen thankfully is not a FrontPage problem and since it's now stopped am guessing it was some short lived problem with the Make a Page feature or some gremlin at SAS who decided to pester me tonight. I can get the images to show now with Make a Page and can continue editing my site now, too.

uhh so guess I'll say.......umm never mind. Problem's fixed now. Back to editing my sites

Oooooh thank you, thank you mayfly person in the room with me now is making fun of me. lol

Yeap CFB was one of the pages I had checked and only some of their images were loading but do seem to be ok now

The page I was trying to edit evidently had been saved cos I had made it late this afternoon but hadn't linked it to the rest of the pages yet. (had told my affiliate manager I was gonna get it made today and just got it done lol so emailed him the link for the page so he could see it. Checked it online and everything was ok I was attempting to go back and put alt tags and a few other changes to the page now when problem happened.)

Yeap I did try the ctrl+delete (which usually works for just about anything, luckily) but didn't help. Even got offline and tried to edit and couldn't.

Thank you, thank you for lettin me know I wasn't goofy. least not in regards to this. lol
    Hope you get your problem fixed quickly.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread