Trend Blocking CJ Links - Oh, the Irony!
    I just updated from Trend Micro PC Cillin Internet Security 2007 to 2008 -- lo and behold, I can't view at least two of my smartzone links (need to check the others). Had to go through several steps to put the qksz.net domain name as a "trusted" site... (I don't see regular users doing this at home! )

The irony is that Trend Micro uses CJ for their affiliate program! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Suzanne

ABW Ambassador
    Have you notified CJ with the correct domain which is qksrv.net? Just complaining about it here won't accomplish anything.

Might want to drop a note to the Trend Micro AM and let her/him know of this. It would be interesting to see the reply. I'd love to see the internal memo from marketing to software development at TM.

That is ironic, Suzanne. Yes, Trend Micro does need to be notified.

Geno

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Might want to drop a note to the Trend Micro AM and let her/him know of this. It would be interesting to see the reply. I'd love to see the internal memo from marketing to software development at TM.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Just for clarification, the reason I suggested notifying CJ rather than Trend Micro is because Suzanne didn't indicate she's a Trend Micro affiliate. Notifying both would seem to be appropriate.

@Snowman: Sorry, but you're wrong on a few counts: I've got www.qksz.net code running on my site and that's what was being blocked. I wasn't complaining, but merely observing (note the smilies ). And finally, making an observation that ads are being blocked automatically by security software does accomplish something: it helps to make others aware of it. I went looking around for other solutions before figuring out it was the new version of Trend. I also searched this forum to see if anybody else was having the problem. So, if I can save someone a bit of time, I'm glad I could help. And, of course, automatic ad blocking is a concern for affiliates such as ourselves.

@Everyone else: I considered contacting CJ, but figured it would fall on deaf ears. I could try though and see what happens. I'm fairly new to this forum (but not to internet marketing) and didn't realize the AMs hang out here -- just realized this the other day. But if somebody knows the Trend AM (or if anybody has a CJ rep??), it would be great to pass this information along -- if anything gets done about it is another matter!

Suzanne

ABW Ambassador
    I'm fully aware that there is still an ad blocking issue out there as regards affiliate domains. I have never seen www.qksz.net or any other 4 letter CJ domain. www.qksrv.net, however, is a valid CJ affiliate domain.

ABW Ambassador
    I just did a direct type in for www.qksz.net and was re-directed to http://www.cj.com/qksrv.html so it appears that qksz.net is owned by CJ but it is not used for affiliate links.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread