Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question UEFA EURO 2008™: England vs Croatia - Forecasts?
    England is playing Croatia at Wembley tonight...

Any forecasts?

Geno

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    England 2 - Croatia 1

Wait, I am bias...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Wait, I am bias...
    How? Are you a Brit?

I'll pray it is the other way around Croatia 2 - England 1... I want Russia in EURO 2008!!

G.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    A Dull 0-0 Draw... unless Beckham gets on quickly an injects some passion!

.....meanwhile Andorra Trash Russia 6-1
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Ooops so much for 0-0...where did we find that keeper!!!!

I feel for England, Chris...........

GO Croatia!!

GO Russia!!

England - Croatia: 0 - 2 (so far)

Andorra - Russia: 0 - 1 (so far)

We'll know the second team (to go to EURO 2008) in less than an hour!

Geno

I've got two teams goals right so far. "I feel for England, " Horror, Shock, Ill, the desire to wonder why yet again we have a coach sitting on the bench doing nothing as if in shell shock (probably is)... Nope we'll settle for 2-0 and we're betting all our money on Andorra coming back and get a draw

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    ...we're betting all our money on Andorra coming back and get a draw
    No chance, my man! They have only two professional players (one playing in the second division of Italian league, and another one - in the second division of the Spanish one) on that team!! There will be no draw in our game... (at least, I want to hope so... *darn! its hard to type with fingers crossed!!*)

ooooohh Geno!!! 2-1
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The man is back! What a cross!

2-2 is my forecast It's a shame England couldn't make it. Oh, well, Turkey did, so I am happy.
    SomethingStore.com - Surprise and Delight!

It's a shame England couldn't make it
    12 mins to go yet....unless I'm getting a delayed feed... bugger...that was a nice goal , shame it was the wrong end!

England...don't pack your travel bags for Euro 2008!

England lost!
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Congrats Geno!

Unbelievable (what Croatia did!!)....... And thank you, Chris.

Geno

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    How? Are you a Brit?

I'll pray it is the other way around Croatia 2 - England 1... I want Russia in EURO 2008!!

G.
    Don't have to be a Brit to support them
    Brought up watching UK 'football'. MU fan
    Have not been keeping up with the Premier League since I started college

What's up with England football these days??

Now Geno, here's a question : Did Russia stick to 1-0 just to tease the England fans and make them think that salvation could be at hand for those final three minutes ?

How sad would that have been Andorra equalize and England go through, I'm sure the crowd would have been laughing rather than cheering. Almost reminded me of the great film "Mike Bassett: England Manager", which starts off in exactly the same way as this almost ended.

What's up with England football these days??
    "These Days" :: meaning the past 12 years It's easy to point the finger and say "too many foreign players in England" but that's just an excuse, not a reason. No for me the reason is lack of any meaningful tactics and a lack of real passion, both with the players and more importantly the manager. It was the same with Sven, no passion, we need a Ferguson or Jose running the team, throwing boots at players at half time. I want to see the England manager driving himself full force towards a heart attack, not sitting like a stuffed duck in the dug out.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Now Geno, here's a question : Did Russia stick to 1-0 just to tease the England fans and make them think that salvation could be at hand for those final three minutes ?
    Honestly, Chris, I didn't like the way Russia played. Just as in the previous match with Israel the Russians looked dead tired (nothing like we saw when they played England in Moscow), and ready for some rest (after a loooong-long Premier League season that has recently finished in Russia.

Did they deserve the trip to EURO 2008 more than England? Or rather: which of the national teams (English or Russian one) deserved it more? These would be interesting questions to ponder on...

When the groups were first announced and I saw England and Croatia in the same group as Russia, I said: no way we're gonna get in! (and so did most of Russia). Now we're in, and there is only one more football gift that I want this fall (after this one, this one and Russia qualifying for EURO 2008), and that is: Zenit winning the match with Nόrnberg in a week, and qualifying for getting into the play-off phase of the UEFA CUP one match before the end of this difficult (yet rewarding) season for my team. It'll be played just a ten-minutes walk away from my home in St. Petersburg. Too bad I'll be in Stockholm then. Go Zenit!! Go Russia!!

Geno

Did they deserve the trip to EURO 2008 more than England?
    Just because a team should qualify doesn't mean they deserve to qualify, Russia might have stumbled a bit but they did what was needed and that's what matters in the end. 1-0 vs Andorra might have been a rather iffy result, but it was what they needed, they did the job and deserve to qualify.

Cheers

Chris

Outsourced Program Manager Azam Marketing's Avatar
    Interesting link Geno; it's going to have a big economic impact alongside the heartbreak fro many.

England were abysmal, truly abysmal.

Congratulations on Russia going through, but only a 1-0 win over Andorra was a dire result as well isn't it?

Well with all the British teams gone, I'll be supporting Turkey! I play for the Turkish team here in Bangkok! Top of the Bangkok MBMG Division Two and undefeated so far this season

Great choice, Chris. If we can get our guys to play their best, we should be able to do some damage in Euro 2008.

I take you play defense in your team Anatolia, since you're 'goalless' Good to know Khun Piyapong and Ilker are doing good on that front.
    SomethingStore.com - Surprise and Delight!

Hi Sam Bay

Yup, not many shots from where I play, Reserve Goal keeper

Khun Piyapong is one of the fastest guys ever ever seen on a football pitch with amazing location and ball awareness

I should be heading to Istanbul on Dec 18th for Christmas. Need to pick up a few words of the language such as "MY BALL!!!!!"

Cheers

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast