Angry BBC Canada Shop = no commission on sales
    After generating 686 clicks for BBC Canada with almost no sales since the first week I signed up, I got suspicious and had a friend click on one of my ads and purchase a DVD set.

That was Sunday, it's now Wednesday night and I don't see any commission for it.

The link clicked was the most recent from the Get Links section for BBC Canada. They recently updated their website and all the links went invalid, but then they updated all the links again. (Not a peep from them about that, by the way - bad sign.)

Monday I sent a message to BBC Canada and haven't had a response since.

Anyone else having problems with these folks?

Did you change the link(s) in any way? Has your friend's order been shipped and/or credit card charged yet?

Yeah, I added an URL to the generated link with url=some.specific.page. That's normal, right? If someone clicked my ad for Wotsit and after browsing around decided to purchase Somesuch instead then I'd get the commission for that, right?

CJ was counting the clicks too, cuz they were showing up on my CJ reports, and these coincide with my google reports.

And yeah, the order shipped, and she has the invoice for it. Not received yet, though.

If CJ tracked the clicks then it sounds like you hit the 'update link' button after indicating the deep link page. Although there may be tiny exceptions here & there, so long as the person purchased anything at the site you should be credited a commission. I'd say the issue of shipping would be good to check as some sites do not register the purchase/commission until the item has shipped. You might also want to confirm that your friend has cookies enabled and that he/she didn't happen to visit any other sites in between following your link and making the purchase as that (theoretically) might mean your cookie was overwritten. But - start w/the simple trouble first -- i.e. wait until you are sure the item has shipped and no commission registered before looking into other possibilities.

Good advice. I'll give it a few days and see if it ships properly.

I hope that's not the answer. If it is, it means they just convert really poorly and I've wasted clicks and money. If it's just a technical problem or I'm doing something wrong then it's something that can be fixed.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread