Adasa gone...
    Received an email this evening:

"... unfortunately, we are canceling our affiliate program, effective immediately. Please disable our links. Mahalo (thank you) for your affiliation and support"

Wow, just like that.. I thought there would be more notice, and during peak holiday shopping..? Very odd.. and frustrating as I have hand-picked products that now have to be replaced.

And how much free advertising will remain across the web for them while everyone scrambles to remove links?

I don't want to send one click their way "immediately"..

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    And how much free advertising will remain across the web for them while everyone scrambles to remove links?

Maybe it is my crusty attitude,
    but I think that this has a lot to do with merchants pulling the plug during a busy sales season. This practice seems to be on the increase.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I hope they realize that we remember these actions . . .

Wow, great.. I *just* added their datafeed to my site yesterday. Thanks a lot ADASA.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

This isn't one of those shady practices, though their timing could have been a heck of a lot better.

They're closing doors and now "everything" in the store is 40-90% off (meaning no codes will work). Supposed to happen on the 10th of Dec.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Geez, I wish they would've just said that!

The home page was unchanged at the time the sent the affiliate email (it was the first thing I checked, no sale announcement or anything similar). They weren't a huge seller for me, but I wish all the folks well.

My suspicious nature is getting the better of me, it's nice to be wrong..

Don't feel bad Teezone. I was so mad getting that email on the 21st that I replied back with a "Happy Thanksgiving to YOU as well!" We had to pull a ton of Adasa links down on Turkey day and it got the better of me.

They didn't announce the store closing until hours ago, on the 23rd.

You're right - it would've been better if they'd explained all of this in their email on the 21st.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Gahhhhh. My site made a TON of sales today too before I found this out. I don't understand why they didn't actually terminate their account and disable the links themself though, because they are all clearly still tracking and displayed on my account. Lame

ABW Ambassador
    Aren't they required to give 7 days notice before they disable the links? Hope you get paid though.

That would be really nice. Because like I said, they have NOT disabled the links, and all that money would be much nicer in my pocket.

I believe you may be right about the 7 days!

I went into my account and if i open the page for adasa, down where it says my status/start date it says
    Status Active Start Date 16-Jul-2007
    (Ends on 28-Nov-2007) NOT the 22nd

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread