>Well now see because of that last post this has become a war thread and I believe I'm supposed to close it.

Well you should have closed it after Vicky's post then.

But of course her views are aligned with yours and others around here.

Please respect freedom of speech, because my post was not political and was directly related to the topic.

What about this ? EcomCity.com - "Real question is would you be willing to die for those essential freedoms? Some cultures never thought we would be willing to lay down our lives to assure Life-Liberty and persuit of happiness."

Yeah right if this ain't about the war in Iraq it's about as close to a political post as I've seen recently.

Maybe we should call the war something else, by not mentioning Iraq or "war" the posts will be left alone.

Why don't you completely ban anything outside affiliates discussion on midnight cafe then?

Ridiculous. Heyder is totally diminishing the value of this forum, I hope Haiko is watching this because this kind of senseless action will eventually lead to users leaving this forum completely.

(That's censorship lol

[This message was edited by Heyder on April 05, 2003 at 11:43 PM.]
    Changed back to original title

[This message was edited by Heyder on April 05, 2003 at 11:54 PM.]

moneychaser,

What about this ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moneychaser:
    Funny how there are actually more people dying on the Iraqi side.....

Because one of the essential freedoms is not to tolerate one country imposing their views on another, specially by force.

(Ouch...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand behind Heyder's decision 100%

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko....sorry about that. It's your forum, you decide what to do with it.

I did!

</font></p>

Haiko I respect your instruction Sr. Your point being...? Thank you for reminding me you own this place, if that's the point....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moneychaser:
    &gt;Well now see because of that last post this has become a war thread and I believe I'm supposed to close it.

Well you should have closed it after Vicky's post then.

But of course her views are aligned with yours and others around here.

Please respect freedom of speech, because my post was not political and was directly related to the topic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope I am allowed to answer this.. if not feel free to edit and no hard feelings

When I posted the comment that Ben Franklin made about good war and bad peace - I really was not trying to start up a discussion on the war or the merits of it.

What I was trying to point out is how complex ole Ben actually was. I rather like the fellow. He was an interesting person and sometimes made statements that seemed so opposed to one another. My comment was to show that - nothing else.

As for the "fart proudly" quote - just to add a little humor. He really was a funny guy too.

As far as Heyder goes - I have to tell you that he and I have had our disagreements as well. But I truly believe he does try to do the right thing.

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>moneychaser said:
    Haiko I respect your instruction Sr. Your point being...? Thank you for reminding me you own this place, if that's the point.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, he does...but I don't think that was the point. The point is, as Haiko linked to, certain types of postings are not going to be allowed. If they occur, the threads will be closed. Don't really see what is so hard about that. I kind of missed the actual respect in your post also.....

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Any who.....I think the real issue is rudness and abuse not the war or any specific topic. The war just got too hot for a while. I don't think Haiko cares what we talk about, it is the abuse that is the problem.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't think Haiko cares what we talk about, it is the abuse that is the problem.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eggsactly!

</font></p>

Censorship is not when someone closes a thread it's when someone changes a message. Of course I would neverchange a message.

Listen moneychaser it's nothing personal. I just felt as though your comment was going to stir up some trouble and closed the thread. It's what I'm supposed to do.

My fave Franklin quote:

"We should all hang together, or we shall all hang separately."

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

My FAV Franklin quote(paraphrased):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Empty the coins in your purse into your mind ... and your mind will fill your purse with GOLD!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IOW ... Learn to earn more and follow the rules!

</font></p>

Heyder, censorship is also when you tell people to shut up, closing a thread effectively means "shut up". I don't think I posted anything absurd, CLEARLY the topic WAS IRAQ - don't tell me EcomCity.com was talking about some B.C. war.

Vicky, yes you did bring about the subject of WAR. To me it was clearly a discussion of WAR in IRAQ, I posted some 10 quotes by many famous people in a discussion of the WAR IN IRAQ.

Anyway the war is what's happening....my sales have dropped over 30% because of the war, I turn on the TV and see the war, I open the newspaper and see the war, I drive out and see anti-war protests, I wake up and hear "war", I don't understand why such a sensitive topic can't be discussed!

It's a sensitive topic, so what?! Why close threads and censor stuff, if you don't want to discuss war stay out of the war threads. I learned a lot of american views from these discussions and I'm sure some americans learned a bit of what us europeans think, overall I grew with this discussion despite the occasional personal issue here and there!!!!

i'm telling you haiko, we're all adults and we work about the same business and you own the forum where us co-workers hang out, it's normal to chat in the midnight cafe about offtopic and sometimes sensitive issues.

The war is horror, but it's REAL. No use censoring it here, it's part of our lives.

[This message was edited by moneychaser on April 06, 2003 at 10:17 AM.]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread