Thread: Ultimate Contest: "Time to Work - Time to Play"

Talking Ultimate Contest: "Time to Work - Time to Play"
    Friends,

The countdown to Christmas begins today (on this beautiful Black Friday)!!

I know, all of you have worked hard to prepare for this exciting time of the year. And those who work hard, deserve to play hard too! Today I hope to bring in a little more excitement into the pre-Christmas sales by introducing to you the following new contest:

Contest Type: Performance-based affiliate contest

Dates: 11/23/2007 - 01/23/2008 [contest ends at midnight PST]

Conditions: To qualify for the prizes announced, an affiliate has to generate a set qualifying number of sales across the following five affiliate programs we manage:
    Prizes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1ST PRIZE: 500 or more sales -- Cruise around Europe for Two (with Holland America Line; round-trip airfare to Europe included)

2ND PRIZE: 300 or over -- Latest MacBook Pro (4GB 250GB 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and much more)

3RD PRIZE: 100 or more -- 500 Gallons of Gas (valid for continental U.S. only, any state; non-US affiliates will be remunerated with a prize of equal monetary value [approx. $1,500])

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important: There is only one first prize, two second prizes, and three third prizes.

Restrictions: Affiliates that bid on trademarks with programs that prohibit it, will not qualify regardless of how many sales they send.

...and let the work (towards the play!) begin!!

Geno
    Last edited by Geno Prussakov; December 22nd, 2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: contest extended for one month!!

ABW Ambassador
    Just to be clear. The number of sales can't be in just 1 or 2 or 3 etc. you have to get sales with each merchant, all 5? And the total with all 5 have to meet the sales requirement for the prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Just to be clear. The number of sales can't be in just 1 or 2 or 3 etc. you have to get sales with each merchant, all 5?
    Sorry for not making it 100% clear from the start, and thank you for your question, Trust.

Sales can be generated with any one of these merchants or across these programs! 300, for example, may be comprised of 280 with one merchant + 10 with another one + 10 with a third one or they can all be with one merchant. It's a flexible contest...

Restrictions clause added! Please read the conditions of the contest carefully.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Let's say you have 5 people getting over 300 sales, will there be a drawing for winners since there are 2 MacBook prizes? Cool contest.

Let's say you have 5 people getting over 300 sales, will there be a drawing for winners since there are 2 MacBook prizes?
    No, there will be no drawing in such scenario. The first two that qualify win. First come - first served basis always.

Thank you for good questions, Trust.

Geno

Just to be clear. The number of sales can't be in just 1 or 2 or 3 etc. you have to get sales with each merchant, all 5? And the total with all 5 have to meet the sales requirement for the prizes?
    Thanks for making that question Trust , I just saw this thread and had the same question, but I decided that I was not going to be the one who ask about that clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Sorry for not making it 100% clear from the start, and thank you for your question, Trust.

Sales can be generated with any one of these merchants or across these programs! 300, for example, may be comprised of 280 with one merchant + 10 with another one + 10 with a third one or they can all be with one merchant. It's a flexible contest...
    Thanks for the clarification Geno!

Even tho I don't see all the merchants that I have joined under your programs there, and even tho I doubt that I would be able to win anything with just the single merchant on that list that I know I am in, at least now I know that if I decide to spend extra money on PPC this year to promote just that merchant, that I might just may have remote chance to win that contest.

But if I decide to go out of my way to heavily promote the only one I have on that list, (something I don't thing I would do this year.) and win something, I hope it would be the second price!

Because on:
    1ST PRIZE: 500 or more sales -- Cruise around Europe for Two (with Holland America Line; round-trip airfare to Europe included)
    First, unles I can go back to visit NJ and NY first, I would never leave this country, not even if I win the first price!

3RD PRIZE: 100 or more -- 500 Gallons of Gas (valid for continental U.S. only, any state; non-US affiliates will be remunerated with a prize of equal monetary value [approx. $1,500])
    I find this 3RD PRIZE discriminatory!

What difference should it makes from where your affiates are making you money, as long as they're legit affiliates?

I can understand that if you have a winner from from Mexico that maybe the [approx. $1,500] could mean something like [Menos Pesos but....] come on, even Pesos talk. (or hablan tambien!)

But anyway, if I decide to enter this contest:
    2ND PRIZE: 300 or over -- Latest MacBook Pro (4GB 250GB 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and much more)
    It would be just because I want to have my first Mac computer to test out to see if it's true that a Mac, is better than a PC, but I am got no money of my own yet, to spend to be convinced to do the switch for now!

----------

Geno, You know what merchant I am talking about, and you know what I told you the other day on the PM, so I guess that this post should not sound that bad to you, but just in case save one 'Latest MacBook Pro (4GB 250GB 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and much more)" for me, in case I decide to do any other work on my sites on the rest of this 07 year.

Btw, I know that I am not on Kansas anymore, because I never been there before to begin with, and I don't really believe in fairy tales, but I do believe in myself and random luck.

By The Way!

This title:
    Ultimate Contest: "Time to Work - Time to Play"
    I would never take any "Contest" as work, to me any "Contest" is time to play my luck, even if I have any doubt about the Contest might be rig!

It is work, but for those that work with these merchants over the next 30 days, it can turn into a lot of fun and play.

Sal, I hope to see you among one of the winners.

Geno

4th day into the contest, and I already see at least three members of ABestWeb gaining speed at which they could easily qualify for the third prize(s).

C'mon! Let's have more people from ABW join the fun! How often do you get to win a super duper Mac :-) or a Sea Cruise for Two on top of your one-month's sales commissions?! 500 gallons of gas is also not too lousy of a prize, considering the cost-per-gallon that it has reached now...

Geno

Wow! Cool contest Geno. Seems like you've really outdone yourself here. Dems' some big prizes. I hope you and your affiliates have much success with it!

~Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Wow! Cool contest Geno. Seems like you've really outdone yourself here....
    I have?

Thanks, Bob.

I see quite an increase in sales across these five programs, and I myself am also very much looking forward to having affiliates qualify for this contest's prizes.

Geno

Ladies, Gentlemen,

I am extending this contest for one month!!

The new contest end date is 01/23/2008.

I want to have winners!! Show me more sales!

Geno

This contest ends in two days, and we are going to have a least one winner!!

IMPORTANT: I will have a fourth prize for 20 or more sales across these programs. So, if you want to participate, there is still some time...

Geno

15. Newsletter Signup