Anybody seen any Bestbuy sales in the last week?
    I made a couple of test purchases earlier in the week, one of them even shipped on 11/20 (4 days back).

I see 0 sales reported.

Is bestbuy behind 4 or more days, or am I totally srcwed?

CJ and Bestbuy have gotta be the worst people to work with.

I just got some that showed up from orders placed yesterday.

If CJ was working I would probably see some.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks a lot guys. Maybe I'm srcwed.

Important question about links: On my site I serve links through PHP redirect, using something like get_link?product=pid , and then give the link through a LOCATION redirect. I don't place any direct banners etc.

The bestbuy link code comes with an href= , and a pixel image . Since I do this through a php redirect, I'm only serving the href part as the link (someone correct me and tell me there's a way).

Is there a problem with this? Why doesn't bestbuy itself serve up the image after someone lands on their page(or does it?).

Basically, is this srcweing me up? I do see clicks fine.

It should'nt screw you up, since the link itself generates the cookie/commission.

But with cj It seems anything is impossible, er possible..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The bestbuy link code comes with an href= , and a pixel image . Since I do this through a php redirect, I'm only serving the href part as the link (someone correct me and tell me there's a way).

Is there a problem with this? Why doesn't bestbuy itself serve up the image after someone lands on their page(or does it?).
    Just using the a href part should be fine when it comes to getting credit for commissions.

As for the pixel part of an aff link, that's just an impression tracker, used for keeping track of how many times a link's been shown and to calculate clickthrough rates--it doesn't affect commission tracking. The only thing that happens, stats-wise, when you don't include it is that you can end up with some ridiculous-looking clickthrough-rate reports.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

thanks a lot buddies.. Without feedback from other Affiliate "victims" this open-ended process seems impossible to navigate for any rational person..

So, it seems conclusive that even for Bestbuy, the href link is the only thing that matters..

I made a few purchases 3-4 days back, and I'm dying to see just one show up.. and it hasn't. Does this happen?

I made purchases through both CJ generated links, and

* Links generated by putting inthe click-pid-aid + urlencoded direct link

Is the self-generated link useless? The clicks seem to show up though..

I just need a working link for direct products and I'm so far going nowhere..

ABW Ambassador
    Finally managed to get in and had more than a few Best Buy sales for yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by emuflies
    Thanks a lot guys. Maybe I'm srcwed.

Important question about links: On my site I serve links through PHP redirect, using something like get_link?product=pid , and then give the link through a LOCATION redirect. I don't place any direct banners etc.

Basically, is this srcweing me up? I do see clicks fine.
    I'm using this technique on all of my links, I don't remember any naked affiliate link which I posted.

Nabz,

thanks a lot. Stay there.. I really need someone successful with this Bestbuy nuisance so I can wade out.

1) Doing just href link fine - done - good! Nabz confirmed.

2) How about generating working links to a product. Just using the Spam links they throw makes no sense. I just want to link to specific products. How do you do it? I sent mail to the affiliate email with the product urls, and they're worse than clueless.

I did basically take a link that got generated for me which was of the form click-pid-aid/.http:... and replaced the http with an urlencoded version of the product I want to go to. It seems to go to the right place, and I see clicks too..

So is this reliable? how do YOU do it?

I bought test products 4-5 days back, and they're shipped also. No sales reported yet. WTF? Do new accounts take time to get kickstarted?

MTIA.

all bestbuy cj link go first to http://www.c h annelintelli gence.com/ . maybe thats make sales stop there

Quote Originally Posted by emuflies
    Nabz,

thanks a lot. Stay there.. I really need someone successful with this Bestbuy nuisance so I can wade out.

1) Doing just href link fine - done - good! Nabz confirmed.

2) How about generating working links to a product. Just using the Spam links they throw makes no sense. I just want to link to specific products. How do you do it? I sent mail to the affiliate email with the product urls, and they're worse than clueless.

I did basically take a link that got generated for me which was of the form click-pid-aid/.http:... and replaced the http with an urlencoded version of the product I want to go to. It seems to go to the right place, and I see clicks too..

So is this reliable? how do YOU do it?

I bought test products 4-5 days back, and they're shipped also. No sales reported yet. WTF? Do new accounts take time to get kickstarted?

MTIA.
    I mostly promote those merchants who have Destination URL option enabled on CJ. In that case I can provide any URL from Merchant's site, that's how I link to specific product pages. So I don't need to play with that crappy Product search at CJ, I used to do that when I started, but I got to tell you, it SUCKS big time! If a certain merchant don't have that option, and I'm much excited to promote them, then I fireup an email with the request, some agree to offer this option and some don't.

I never manually edited the links, So I can't tell what you are doing is good or not. I can't afford to have errors in affiliate URL.

Nabz, thanks bro! We're almost there..

We're talking specifically about Bestbuy.com

You said you deal with them.

Do you have specific product links with them? How do you get them?

That's the secret answer to end my misery now.

One more day..

I continue to see clicks well, but not a single sale even from my test purchase which shipped 5 days back..

any more help with the link format issue? If I see Clicks are the links fine, fundamentally?

I don't promote them, I was talking about using php redirect on all of my links for all merchants

ABW Ambassador
    Bestbuys don't work for me, I can't even remember making one sale for them
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread