How do you make the lines appear without the quote text? ..... grrrr more frustration.

quote:
    Viewer discretion is Advised
    The following post contains scenes of frustration, anger, venting and coarse desperation.
    This post has been modified to fit through filters.
    Viewer discretion is advised

This is in no means a gripe regarding the CJ update.
    I am seeing no drop or gain in clicks or impressions since it was done.
    I am seeing no sales in a couple of weeks, with more impressions and clicks than ever before,
    so it's obviously not a result of the upgrade, and is a result of something else.

This is in no means a gripe regarding CJ's tracking. I know tracking is never affected by anything CJ does.
    I am seeing no sales in a couple of weeks, with more impressions and clicks than ever before,
    so it's obviously not a result of the upgrade, and is a result of something else.

I also know I have done nothing different with any pages, so it can't be something I did.
    Therefore it must be everyone of my previously converting merchants who have done something different.
    I'm not losing tens of thousands of dollars here. I'm new and by no means a super affiliate.
    According to some here, I should shut up until I'm making over XXXX dollars.
    well, at this rate I won't ever get there with CJ.
    How do you go from a 1 in 55 sales ratio to 1 in 1500+ in like six weeks?
    How does that happen after you have removed a lot (not all admitedly) of links to merchants partnering with parasites so as to protect yourself?
    How does that happen when traffic jumps over 100% with the same keywords and targeting?
    I don't know.
    trackings not affected though.
    Sound like I am being sarcastic? Maybe a little. But the reality is, I can see sales being tracked via a friends account. His impressions are there. His clicks are there. His sales are there. Mine aren't. We even target many similar keywords and use mostly the same links.

His 7 Day EPC changed to reflect the different earnings he has had (he's doing quite well too I might add)...Mine stayed the same for several weeks including over 2 weeks without selling anything

By my calculations a 7 day epc for a week where you didn't sell anything would be $0 which mine wasn't. I only have some college and not university, so don't trust my math. Do your own caluclations please.

BTW, in defence of the upgrade, it was only after it was done that my epc finally changed.
    So where is the leading? Couldn't tell you. In my mind something is wrong. I feel like I'm wasting thousands of clicks and impressions.
    I am not blaming Tracking - it's never affected
    I am not blaming upgrades - it's been going on before during and after it.
    I am not blaming Todd or the staff of CJ - always have been helpful
    I am not blaming merchants - can't be all of them conspiring against me
    So it must be something I have done - except I haven't done anything.
    So what's the solution?
    Please... what is the solution?
    Do I have to bribe someone? Take my first born. Take my wife. Hell take my first born and my wife.
    I'll even throw in my second child too. At this rate I won't be able to feed them in two months anyway.
    Just tell me what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Game on!!!!

PopDawg,

I feel your pain. Really! Not quite as bad as zero sales but I'm showing a 2.00 7 day EPC. I have tried to figure out what is going on also. For the life of me I can't. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I did take somewhat of a hit on Google for certain products but some sales from them are still coming in from other places. It's the products and merchants that held strong in the listings that is baffling me. No changes and no sales????? Beats me.

Another thing bothering me is that I can sell 50+ products at one place but with a CJ merchant only a few of the same products??? And the CJ merchants site is more likey to get more sales because of the better design and similar prices. Beats me!

Anyways, hopefully something will kick in soon, like maybe the breaker to the server that we are on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

before I answer you could you post a picture of your wife? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    LOl, Gordon.

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

Lmao Gordon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    LOL Gordong.....(that came out of left field...that's not a normal Gordon response [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Regarding CJ, I've seen this also...Even my test purchases to some merchants haven't been credited...I *think* I know what is going on, but can't be sure because CJ says nothing is wrong...

Recently I made a purchase from one of my merchants....never received credit for the sale. I contacted the merchant who says they batch their sales, however, he did see my sale there and says it went through in their batch. This merchant couldn't explain why he submitted it to the CJ system, but it never showed....He did everything he was supposed to do regarding sales....ended up doing it manually.

This is a merchant I've had past sales with and then they slacked off for no reason...hence my test purchase...

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Gordon <- ROFLMAO ....... Heeeeeeeeeeyy wait a second. That's My wife yer talking about.

Game on!!!!

Gordon <- ROFLMAO ....... Heeeeeeeeeeyy wait a second. That's My wife yer talking about.

Oh who am I kidding <-- Still roflmao

Game on!!!!

Since this is my first post I hope you don't mind me venting along with you.

Well here goes. I started my site site last October and by December it was showing about 50,000 ad impressions per month with a EPM of about $2.60 then forward through March with about 200,000 per month and an EPM of about $1.80 But as of today with an average of almost 300,000 impressions per month the EPM is a very pathetic $0.18 (so far this month sales are down almost 60%)

Although traffic is up over 300% and the merchant's I choose to display are very targeted, what gives? One merchant is paying Overture $2.54 per click for a keyword that my site ranks high in google for, so you would think the visitors to my site would be interested in their products. This merchant received over half a million impressions with only about 2000 clicks, but these clicks produced 12 sales which I beleive is fair as the sales ranged from $100 to $350 each.

But why the horrible click trough rate? Could it be "scumware" a good portion of my sites visitors seem to be in their twenties, thus good candidates for mp3 download software. I do not profess to know how these "scumware" programs work, but would I be wrong in assuming they hijack the click preventing it from appearing in CJ's reports?

Even if this poor EPM is the result of my inept marketing skills and not scumware theft, I am still seriously thinking of dumping CJ after reading various threads here about their stand or should I say lack thereof against scumware. Is it so hard for them to take the moral high ground instead of hiding behind legal loop holes, or are they really no different than their thieving superaffiliates.

Anyway thanks for the great forum, because of it I just signed up with a couple of other affiliate programs and with one program made the first sale with less than 50 clicks. Who knows dumping CJ might be in my best interest after all.

Vent away ratite, vent away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And welcome to ABW.
    I live in Surrey, so in addition, welcome neighbor.

Game on!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I was gonna rant and rave since this month took over 20 days and almost 900 click to finally show a sale which was highly unusual.
    Then 2 in 2 days. I am sure (well, hoping anyways) sales ratio will work itself out by end of month. Such is life in this game.
    While CJ certainly has concerns raised against it and I have voiced some concerns as well, they still rank high on my choice of programs, mainly because each month I see the cheque from them. I think we all have frustrations and concerns with many programs on different networks.

Maybe we need a canadians only thread in ABW EH
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome and your definitely at the right place to vent and inquire about why your site with increased traffic isn't performing as expected.

"I do not profess to know how these "scumware" programs work, but would I be wrong in assuming they hijack the click preventing it from appearing in CJ's reports?"

They definitely are linterloping on your traffic. You will get credit for the impression/click but the Shopnow/Whenu -eBates -Kazaa -Morpheus crowd of BHO traffic redirectors will effect the sales reporting. They all try to replace your original cookie with their by any means possible.

Hopefully the meeting CJ attends on Nov 7th will muzzle this hijacking activity so your sales and mine get back to normal. Funny I give the CJ merchants more impressions and clicks then you do and I too have for the last 2 weeks shown an EPC or 17-18 cents. My average last year was 8.40 and this year ranged from a high of 13.80 to the new low as a $$$$ affiliate.

So we are all behind you ranting to CJ for a solution. Last year in October with less traffic I was sitting on 284.00 in earned commissions at CJ. Don't ask what it is right now!

WebMaster Mike

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread