Affiliate link that directs to a specific page
    Clickbank only provides a hoplink to a targeted URL at the merchant site, but I want my visitors to click on my link that will send them to another page at the merchant site which I think will convert better.
    How can I do this while at the same time ensuring that my afilliate ID is recorded?

can't do that
    Quote Originally Posted by vizmon
    Clickbank only provides a hoplink to a targeted URL at the merchant site, but I want my visitors to click on my link that will send them to another page at the merchant site which I think will convert better.
    How can I do this while at the same time ensuring that my afilliate ID is recorded?
    The hoplink is the only link that tracks.

You can do this easily by adding an i-frame 1pxl x 1pxl with your CB aff link as the embedded url on your landing page, this pre-sets the cookie and you won't see ugly aff links in the url bar.

Cheers.
    NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb
    You can do this easily by adding an i-frame 1pxl x 1pxl with your CB aff link as the embedded url on your landing page, this pre-sets the cookie and you won't see ugly aff links in the url bar.

Cheers.
    NC.
    No can do.
    This violates Clickbank's TOS.

I'd say 90% of the CB database violates the TOS. Not saying 'it's ok' to do so, however there are countless deregulated ways that people sneak around their system, and in all honesty, though CB has to follow law/order, I'm sure at the end of the day all those sneaky sales that went under the raidar are going to be accepted and perhaps even praised... Plenty of sites even pre-cookie 20+ products to you without you even knowing for potential future sales. Plenty of sites show ALL the CB marketplace sites within frames of their review' type sites, plenty of CB malls fall way outside of the TOS... like i said despite the fact that 90% of the DB doesn't obide 100% by the books, everyone is making money including CB at the top, they let a lot of ish slide... perhaps their weakness, perhaps their strength.

NC.

Norb, I disagree with you 100%. While I am not a big fan of Clickbank, advising another member to violate their TOS is not an acceptable response. Cookie stuffing is a practice that most networks frown upon and using these tactics could get you bounced. If what you say is true and 90% of Clickbank affiliates violate their TOS than better advise would be to avoid Clickbank altogether.

That being said, Vizmon you should contact Clickbank with your question and it's possible that they can provide you with the information to accomplish what you require without breaking their TOS. If they can't help you then you can also try contacting the individual merchants and perhaps they can provide custom tracking links for you.

BTW, everyone else is doing it has never been a good justification for unethical behavior.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ClickBank passes any query parameters you passed to the hoplink to the merchant landing page. Merchant can redirect based on these parameters to some other page. A lot of them have different landing pages that are activated by query parameter. These parameters are usually described in the Affiliates section of merchant web-site.

Example:
    you set your ppc ad target url to
    xxx.yyy.hop.clickbank.net/?page=12
    this will redirect to
    www.fake-merchant-web-site.com/?hop=xxx&page=12
    which in turn can redirect to
    www.fake-merchant-web-site.com/mega-conversions.html
    if the merchant designed it so.
    No TOS violation and aff ID is properly recorded.

But on a general note I agree with Norb - a lot of stuff around CB is shady.

I'm sorry if it seems that i'm endorsig a breach of any TOS - I can assure you that I am not, and am a respected publisher and aff across many networks (even own a few...). Just stating the obvious for what it is worth with CB, there are ways to accomplish the OP's request on both sides of the tracks, and yes I will retract my advice for cookie stuffing (sorry again).

I won't say to stay away from CB altogether, but I will say to be careful and watch what you promote/how you promote, but more importantly watch your competitors closely, you'll see the tactics are all over the board, white/grey/black.

If I said the quickest way to get money is to hit a bank - would that mean go rob it? This whole industry violates TOS every day everywhere (again not endorsing, cohesive factual observation) - TOS are made to protect a CO. from their own potential success biting them in the ass, not to moderate every last click (though perhaps they should) and ensure it was monetized with ethics as a priority... Would it be a blissful and fruitful world if marketers and consumers were all as ethical as possible? Do you not see the banner ads and restriction from success on this very board unless you pay? Do people still influence clicks within a grey fine line here and elsewhere?

Not calling on a battle, but good discussion - TOS is a label and must have, there will always be human flaw, greed, deregulated and flat out illegal breaches, be they incremental under the raidar or full throttle blatant monetization attacks.

Cheers,
    NC.

This is something that I have noticed also....and it kinda ticks me off! Here I am trying to make a little change and push someone elses product and when I test the affiliate link it redirects to a page that doesn't have my affiliate id. If the user DOES purchase the product how will it be tracked? I am not sure if I'm missing something....??

Good news is that I made my first sale through Clickbank! I was becoming frustrated and am still floundering around trying to figure out how this all works...while still trying to be ethical...and it can be fun...but this sale came at just the right time and has given me a little kick in the butt that this might actually work!

you can use a tinyurl link, but I do suggest having everything cloaked because people will steal your affiliate sales. start with a blog perhaps and write some good post and use anchor text with your affiliate link. Then you can probably secure a domain using the product name and then put up a subscriber form to grab emails for further promotion.

You can also use a dual frame set the target page to 99%

Rick

look seeksun.net

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread