Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It pays to look outside!
    Glanced out the window this morning... Grabbed the camera and rushed out the door... The sky was so colorful looking out across the Mississippi river!

Most of November has been so grey And... Then to see a Morning like this!

Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Wow!

Great pics.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Gorgeous.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Scenes like that are great, especially when viewed on the way to bed!

Wow, amazing colors and great camera work.

http and a telephoto
    Awesome!!!! They are on Imagekind already, right?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    OMG that's gorgeous! Great shots!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Awesome!!!! They are on Imagekind already, right?
    Thanks, Everyone! It's fun taking pictures like those!

Yes... Loxly! You slave driver! I'm getting them up on imagekind as fast as I can... Takes a while on dial-up. Two of them are up... and I hope to get the third up within an hour or so...

Kent

Awesome pictures. I haven't seen colors like that since the 70's.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Awesome pictures. I haven't seen colors like that since the 70's.
    LOL!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Absolutely beautiful photographs, Kent. I especially like the 2nd one, the vertical. The composition with the two smaller trees in the center is "right on."

I glad to see Loxly reminding you to upload them to Imagekind.

Great stuff!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

How gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing these with us, Kent!

Simply breathtaking!

I bet if you went outside, and tried crank baits, jigs or minnows in that river at the time of the evening you shot these amazing pictures, you'd land at least a couple of good-size hungry walleyes (probably 20+ inch in length) for a good supper!!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    I bet if you went outside, and tried crank baits, jigs or minnows in that river at the time of the evening you shot these amazing pictures, you'd land at least a couple of good-size hungry walleyes (probably 20+ inch in length) for a good supper!!
    Well... I'm not much of a fisherman, even though I've lived along the river for... Well, a long time anyway!

Folks catch walleyes, small mouth bass, northerns, and more.

Every summer friends from the Twin Cities (a 3 hour drive) leave their boat at my place so they can fish, without dragging the boat back and forth.

I catch my fish already filleted, if they have any luck.

One of the guys had the biggest walleye he's seen, on this summer, both head and tail were sticking outside the landing net. It gave a flop and twist while they were trying to land it, and got away.

Wow, thats a great shot! There are fish in the sky too!

Quote Originally Posted by affmark98
    There are fish in the sky too!
    Yep, could be a textbook image for a "mackerel sky" - altocumulus clouds.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

I bet if you went outside, and tried crank baits, jigs or minnows in that river at the time of the evening you shot these amazing pictures,

Geno
    They're morning pictures. Beautiful, but who's got energy to fish at that ungodly hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    ungodly hour?
    What? Ungodly???

The pics were taken around quarter after 8 in the morning! Not early at all!

I did catch an early sunrise this summer, after loading the truck, and before heading off to farmers market. Went down on the rocks and caught the sun coming up, straight upstream. Took this one about 6:30

Attached Images Attached Images

That's beautiful, too!

The pics were taken around quarter after 8 in the morning! Not early at all!

I did catch an early sunrise this summer, after loading the truck, and before heading off to farmers market. Went down on the rocks and caught the sun coming up, straight upstream. Took this one about 6:30
    8:30, 6:30... *Gasps in horror*

Both times, however, are best seen on the way to bed, after a good night of video games and such. That's way too early to be waking up.

As for the farmer's market, that's something I do STAY UP for once a year in order to get some annuals.
    Last edited by Leader; November 25th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    They're morning pictures. Beautiful, but who's got energy to fish at that ungodly hour?
    Ooops... But mornings can actually be sometimes better than evenings!! Who's got the energy? ............. Mr. Hamilton, tell 'em what the freshness of the air smells like when one gets out at 5 am!!

G.

The only reason the fishing's good in the morning is because the fish are too tired to think when they see the bait

The air IS nice at 5AM...it's great, driving along in the summer, windows down, on the way home after a nice nighttime cruise

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Mr. Hamilton, tell 'em what the freshness of the air smells like when one gets out at 5 am!! G.
    LOL, depends on where that air is Geno.

Speaking from the perspective of a fly fishing / ourdoors enthusiast, I'd describe my feelings as:

Early mornings spent on mountain streams surrounded by endless waves of trees, flowers and assorted foliage, a slight nip in the air, Deer, Elk, Bears, Otters, Beavers, an early morning Hawk or Eagle gracefully circling above as it scans the earth below for its breakfast, the beautiful / indescribable silence of early morning nature, the therapeutic sounds of water gently passing over the rocks it has formed and polished for thousands of years, the expanding rings on the waters surface where trout are rising gently to "sip" tiny midges or mayflies, the clear sky sharing an endless sea of blue with beautifully sculptured clouds that are boldly reflecting the many colors of the Suns prism, a cup of coffee or chocolate in hand, a smile, a look up, a silent "thank you" to God for creating this beauty, the inner serenity, peace and contentment, the subtle aromas created by wild flowers, pines, sage and other of God's gifts to the earth floating through the air, the anticipation of the day and experiences ahead.... A deep breath, a smile, real inner contentment - all of this and more is what fresh morning air is to me.

BTW, fantastic pictures Nifty! :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Eloquent narrative, Alan. You could put some well-paid authors to shame. I have never been much of a fisherman, but used to do a lot of "anchoring out" in small coves around the Chesapeake Bay in a small sailboat. Your observations bring back fond memories of fall mornings just after sunrise, coffee in hand, sitting on the foredeck, and contemplating the beauty of nature.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Your observations bring back fond memories of fall mornings just after sunrise, coffee in hand, sitting on the foredeck, and contemplating the beauty of nature.
    A contemplation that is endless Beachy, and that is what makes nature and the air it shares with us the most precious gift we can share. I too remember countless early mornings, late afternoons and sunsets over the ocean from my boat off Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket in the 80's and 90's, and now more recently on the Gulf in Florida with a good friend from Orlando.

I can truly appreciate and relate to your early morning solitude on a foredeck or while set to a mooring. Soon I will switch from my mountain streams of spring - fall to the ocean winter in FL on the Slush Puppie. Son of a son, son of a son, son of a son of a sailor - the seas in my veins my tradition remains...... :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

You said it Alan!

Working in the garden next to the river with dew on the leaves, the sound of water rushing over the rocks, an eagle or two circling above, and the clean fresh air, make it a joy to be out and experiencing the day!

Don't have trout here in the Mississippi, but sometimes the fish are frisky and jumping out to catch bugs. Kinda fun! See the occasional otter or beaver swimming about. Oh! And there's snapping turtles, they think the loose soil in the garden is a great place to lay eggs.

Nature's amazing, and mornings are the only times you can see and experience some things! I'd sure hate to miss out all the time!

Kent

I'd sure hate to miss out all the time!
    Me too, otherwise I wouldn't bother staying up that long...fortunately staying up till then is a fine way to see it and not missing out at all!

To wake up at those hours, though, means missing out on things like the aurora borealis, which isn't visible here without a cruise WAY out into the hick at about 3AM, not to mention the fact that nighttime is nice 'n quiet and relatively pollution-free--as opposed to day, with its completely needless bustle and often car-exhaust fumed air.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast