Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    2007 Holiday Sales
    Interesting. Was reading a couple of news reports about retail sales over the Thanksgiving weekend. One boasted 7.9 increase in sales over same period last year. The other claimed 3.5% decline.

Obviously you can taint the numbers based on the data you are comparing but these two paint extremely different results. Hmm....
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    Is that offline? Because this Cyber Monday is going to kill last year's Cyber Monday and will have to wait till it's over to get the numbers and wait till this whole holiday season is over to get the overall numbers for offline, online, overall sales.

High Traffic Low sales .... cmon cj

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Is that offline? Because this Cyber Monday is going to kill last year's Cyber Monday and will have to wait till it's over to get the numbers and wait till this whole holiday season is over to get the overall numbers for offline, online, overall sales.
    I don't think Cyber Monday may not be what it was last year. It's traditionally been a big day, because people would wait to shop some blackfriday sales online until they were back at work on monday. Now more and more people have fast enough internet at home and just shop from there. I do think it's the start of holiday shopping, though, and sales will go up, but maybe not as big a difference as previous years. (just my prediction)

ABW Ambassador
    "I don't think Cyber Monday may not be what it was last year. "

This years Cyber Monday compared to last year? Oh, it's going to bury it once the numbers come out. That term is still relatively new, just came about in 2005. And I've been watching the news and I'm seeing it left and right. Lot more hype this year than last.

Black Friday and then the weekend, people shop online but are mostly out at the Brick and Mortars since that's hyped up.. Monday, they're back at work shopping online, looking for stuff they couldn't find when they're out.

The real big online shopping days are the second week of December, Dec. 5th - 15th the hottest days for online shopping.

I sure hope so!, but I'm a big pessimlst(had to misspell or it was a smile) .

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Trust The real big online shopping days are the second week of December, Dec. 5th - 15th the hottest days for online shopping.[/QUOTE]

Last year's results confirm this and it's a logical assumption for this year as well. People wait for a variety of reasons icluding, but NOT limited to timing (as in spendable income at the moment, credit card limits etc), timing (as in mark downs as we get closer to Christmas) and timing (as in proscrastination - sometimes involves the gritting of teeth. LOL)

Good economy or not, the holidays see an increase in sales over the norm. So for what it's worth here is my first annual Online Holiday Shopping Forecast.

I predict that online sales during the next 30 days will be higher than sales during the 30 day period of September 1 - 30. It's a complicated formula that the average mind would have difficulty comprehending, especially when you factor in the effects of global warming on holiday shopping habits. But I'm pretty confident in the formula I've come up with, so let's see if I'm right!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    As as far as Brick and Mortar/offline sales, the busiest is actually the weekend right before Christmas, which makes sense since most people wait till the last minute. And this year, Christmas day is on a Sunday, so Friday/Saturday, malls will be packed.

Brick and Mortar, busiest is the Saturday right before:

http://holiday.icsc.org/dailysales03.pdf

Nope ... it's on a Tuesday ... so the malls will likely be packed from Friday onwards.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yeah, was looking at November So this year the busiest offline will be Saturday, December 22.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread