ABW Ambassador
    Merchants Be Ready Next Year
    First, to those who were on the ball, great. It's nice to see merchants who get it.

I posted this in another thread about merchants (affiliate managers really) getting into work and then sending out newsletters for Cyber Monday. And about getting it around noon, when half the day is already gone.

Mon 11/26/07 10:37 AM from one about getting their animated Cyber Monday banners up. This kind of stuff needs to go out earlier so people can prepare. I would say Friday at the latest so people can have the weekend getting ready. I realize the busiest online days aren't until the second week of December, with Dec. 5th - 15th the hottest for online sales. But this Cyber Monday is really getting hyped up, I'm seeing it on all the news shows. So next year, be prepared, you can get a nice little spike.

As one of the merchants/AMs who totally dropped the ball this year, I've already vowed to be on it next year. I got so caught up in scrambling like mad to add new products, trying to get a catalog together, finish a remodel, open a retail store, get our house on the market, being dragged kicking and screaming back into consulting and raising a son that our program didn't get anywhere near the time it deserved.

Last year we had just opened so didn't see real Christmas sales, but this year things spiked on Friday after turkey and have been strong every day since. Wish I had had the time to get everything done well in advance. Could've been much stronger with all the products in the feed, etc. Next year...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    If our merchants are offering any black friday/cyber monday deals, I try to get them out by Wednesday before Thanksgiving since I know I've lost everyone to the holiday after that point. Maybe even by Wed morning... But I think I can speak for other managers when I say there is a struggle to actually get creative and a finalized promotion in place by that point. During this time of year it is easy for things to fall off the radar so I know it's a matter of nagging to the point of obnoxiousness to get these deals promoted before its too late
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

You can send me promotions and creative requests at any time, but don't bother with anything like the one I opened a few minutes ago.

I left for lunch at noon, did a few errands and came back to my desk at about 3. In my new mail is a newsletter with links for a promotion running 11/21 through today.

Sorry, that's just silly proof that the merchant's AM is out to lunch. This merchant actually converts OK for me, but there's no way in heck I'm going to stop what I'm doing and make sure I have this promotion running.

I could not agree more! I got an email from a merchant telling me about their "One Day Cyber Moday Sale", it came at 5:04 pm. What the heck do you do with that except hit delete.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread