ABW Ambassador
    Angry SpaFinder-Leaks, leaks, leaks
    Just found out that there are tons of leaks on SpaFinder's every single pages. Huge banners on top, side and bottom. Including amazon .com, buick .com, covergirl .com, borbaskinbalancewater .com...

Leaks, leaks, more leaks. SpaFinder, shame on you.
    I don't like it and I'm not going to work with you any more!

Hi Mayfly,

I am Raul Diaz and I am the Affiliate Manager at SpaFinder and I want to address your concern. SpaFinder has been around for a few years and has always had banners on the bottom and the top of the site.

Please note that we have always had a very good relationship with our affiliates and partners. We have 40 day cookie which is very generous; our commission is structured with realistic targets so you can earn more in less time; we have a very high average order; have seasonal promotions and bonus programs targeted especially to affiliates and have a conversion rate of over 5%. I work closely with my affiliates and have always maintained a professional and strong relationship with them.

By the way, our gift certificate landing page (where all the creative is coded to land on) has always had 2 banners and I have never countered a problem with any of my affiliates. That particular page converts extremely well for affiliates. We have just changed to make it even more user friendly for the consumer to complete the purchase.

I am truly sorry you are not going to work with us anymore. I'd love to chat with you about this if you'd like. Please feel free to contact me at raul.diaz@spafinder.com. Thanks for your consideration and past support.

Raul,

Just because you've always had leaks doesn't make it okay to continue having them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I deleted the "New Advertiser Alert" email as soon as it came in

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaFinder
    SpaFinder has been around for a few years and has always had banners on the bottom and the top of the site.
    What Snib said!

I work closely with my affiliates and have always maintained a professional and strong relationship with them.
    Whether other affiliates choose to work with a leaking merchant or not is not my business. However, I doubt how many of them even notice those huge leak banners all over your site.

I am truly sorry you are not going to work with us anymore. I'd love to chat with you about this if you'd like. Please feel free to contact me at raul.diaz@spafinder.com. Thanks for your consideration and past support.
    Thank you for the post and best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I deleted the "New Advertiser Alert" email as soon as it came in
    BK, I can understand why. But, for a change, I did look at this one because I put thousands of travelers in hotels all over the country - and the traveling public frequently looks for spas. So I checked out the site - saw all the LEAKS - and THEN deleted the "New Advertiser Alert."

Raul, why should I send my visitors to your site to click away on a Buick advertisement? Would I get a percentage of that "click" or would you get to keep it all?

How many of YOUR natural visitors click away without a purchase? Perhaps your conversions would be even better without those leaks.

Suggestion: Use the search feature on this forum, do a search for "leaks" and spend a bit of time reading. You will never get the "top" tier of producing affiliates with leaks all over your site. Please don't be offended, but you may even see the adjective "Clueless" being used (in some of those threads) for merchants and AMs that allow them.
    Last edited by Beachy; November 27th, 2007 at 07:03 PM.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi Raul,

I know that you just started with the company recently and I know that you moved from LS, not to mention you fired lots of affiliates recently while at LS but got back on your feet

So here is my 2 cents. From a business aspect, decide on what you want to do well. If you are making $1000 with you banner placements and $2000 with affiliate marketing, then it is a no brainer to go with affiliate marketing. And vice versa.

From a job security aspect as an affiliate manager, i would lobby hard to get those banners removed.

all the best

Eric and Beachy and Mayfly

I appreciate your feedback and I will certainly take this up with management to reconsider. I understand the situation and all I can do is lobby hard. I will try my best and thanks for your feedback.

Have a good holiday season.

I am Raul Diaz and I am the Affiliate Manager at SpaFinder and I want to address your concern. SpaFinder has been around for a few years and has always had banners on the bottom and the top of the site.
    The fact that you defended this speaks volumes. What happens from here will say even more.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread