Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Halfway through Cyber Monday...
    Is that enough time to make a judgement call on the day?

Anyone care to comment on how their sales are compared to prior periods or expectations?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    Too early, day isn't over. Plus some networks are having issues with reporting of sales. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...107#post766107

And then some merchants report after items are shipped. But personally, today is going to be my highest traffic day ever. Looks like last night had a couple of media mentions and the traffic came flowing so will have to wait to see how that translates into sales.

I'm with Trust: traffic is way up today. it will also be a record day traffic wise for me.

sales will be interesting to see. although for the ones that i can see that report "instantly" - they are only average thus far.

I'm anticipating a very good day when the dust settles however. I was thinking the same thing you were. Great question to ask. Curious to hear how others are doing. best of luck to all today!

ABW Ambassador
    This is what some TV mention looks like in a graph, I was ready to go to bed and then noticed my traffic just spiking, then had trouble falling asleep If I had the ability to do somersaults, I would have done them. And the day isn't over, so waiting to see the final numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm probably going to have a record number of affiliate link clicks. This does not correspond to a record advertising expenditure on my part, so things look pretty good from a ROI perspective. Black Friday was pretty good for me, with lots of big ticket items being sold. Saturday and Sunday had decent volume, but not a lot of big ticket items.

I want to see lots of 500+ dollar purchases, but I won't know the true story until tomorrow evening when all of the reporting (hopefully) catches up.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I will answer my own post.

Traffic is good. Sales are good. Conversions are good. All seem to be what I expected but not what I hoped for. Good day. Wanted a great day.

Still might happen though. Depends on whether people are buying from work or waiting until they get home. I was expecting more from the workplace.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I'd echo visitourmall -- good day, but I'd rather see the 'great' day -- although we still have 9+ hours here on the west coast!

p/s congrats, Trust!!

Agreed. I see no indication yet of a "great day". For me it will hinge on the dollar amount of purchases. I'm certainly going to see a lot of purchases, but if they are for low dollar amounts, then ho-hum...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Traffic is at record levels and continues to rise so that's got me pretty happy. Sales are about the same so far though, but hopefully some nice ones show up tomorrow. Congrats on the TV spot Trust, hopefully I can get one of those too!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

11/23 is going to beat today (I think). So far it was my best day yet.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

http and a telephoto
    Last year Tuesday was a better day than Cyber Monday... but Monday sounds better I guess...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Mine are good but I was fortunate to have one of my sites listed in an article released by the AP today, WAHOO! I like the AP

I did better black friday

Been pretty good since Friday. Good , but not stellar. I'm hoping things hold steady or rise a bit over the next couple weeks.

We're also seeing a lot more higher ticket sales on the merchant side. Tis the season.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I did better black friday
    So far, so did I, but I'm cautiously optimistic for the rest of the evening.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

My 6:30pm update: My # of sales is up by a decent %, but my average $ amount per sale is lower than usual so the net effect is a wash.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Mine are good but I was fortunate to have one of my sites listed in an article released by the AP today, WAHOO! I like the AP
    WTG Anne!! Good for you girlfriend!!

I am happy with the way things are going, but I'll wait until about Dec 10th to get a true picture of what's up. I'm sure it will be an improvement over last year which was a good year of its own.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

The "Cyber Monday" after Black Thursday is so over-rated. People are still in their deal-hunting mode and there's still plenty of time to shop online, so they're not really very compelled to buy. On the other hand, as Christmas gets closer the Mondays get even better for merchants and affiliates.

Performics has an interesting chart showing some figures over the years: http://blog.performics.com/photos/un...ermondays3.jpg
    (The discussion about it is here.)

But... I do have to thank the hype around Cyber Monday for getting me started in the retail channel in affiliate marketing a year ago.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread