Duplicated leads! I don't want to earn in this way!
    Hello,

I just noticed that there are some leads on my affiliate stats that are dublicated. In other words, I have been credited from exactly the same leads more than once. Is there a way to return these leads to the merchants from the affiliate account? It's not fair for the merchants...

Also do you have any idea about the reason of these dublicated leads/sales? Did you also noticed any dublicated leads at your stats?

You can't do anything on your end. But the merchant can reverse the duplicate leads on their end.

Communicate with the merchant immediately, let them know what has happened. If they find it on their own they will likely suspend your account with them thinking that some fraud has transpired.

Communication between the affiliate and the merchant is the key to a situation like this.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I did exactly as you said. I hope they read it...

ABW Ambassador
    Ask them for a REWARD for your info

I don't want a reward. I hope that they make a fair decision because there may be 3 reasons:

1- The problem is realated with my site. In this case, I will be "glad" to be rejected. (I don't expect this as the problem seems to be with only this merchant)
    2- The problem is related with their site and they will fix it. In this case, I will continue to promote their site and continue to earn in the long term.
    3- There may be a problem about the system of SAS but there should be other complaints from specially merchants. If no merchant or affiliate (at least the honest ones) complain about that, than this possibility is very little.

Ok, I received a response from the merchant:

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve received your leads and everything appears to be in fine working order."

So this means only one thing, I am just too excited. Still, I don't understand why do they pay the same lead 2-3 times... I checked their reversal rates and both the "7 day" and "30 day" are zero. I think this is a kind of policy to keep their affiliates happy

I get duplicate sales all the time from one merchant. I used to point them out to the AM, but I got tired of doing that every month and stopped. They usually find them and void the duplicate. Once I think a sale got credited four times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    Ok, I received a response from the merchant:

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve received your leads and everything appears to be in fine working order."

So this means only one thing, I am just too excited. Still, I don't understand why do they pay the same lead 2-3 times... I checked their reversal rates and both the "7 day" and "30 day" are zero. I think this is a kind of policy to keep their affiliates happy
    It's possible that they are trying to keep their reversal rates low, however, make sure you keep a copy of their email and the ones that you sent just in case there's a problem in the future.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Yes, I keep all the emails in any case but even if they reverse dublicated leads, I will not complain about this as it's their right.

It seems like that they are aware of the dublicated leads problem. Most probably other affiliates are also generating dublicated leads. The problem seems to happen on merchant's site.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread