Tips that will make your ads click on Overture PPC program
    Some of the tips, i will you give here
    * Do not go over the TOP
    T-O-P here stands for Top Overture Position. The top three rankings on Overture will cost you a bomb - they charge upwards of $ 4 per click! And if you start getting over 500-1000 clicks daily, you will lose money.
    * Choose the type of your bids
    There are two kinds of bids on Overture: AutoBid and FixedBid. In the AutoBid system you can set your maximum bid amount. Assume you have set $ 5 per click as the maximum bid amount, but are actually paying $ 3 because this is the price as per demand vs supply criterion.
    * Avoiding click fraud on Overture
    Overture carries a click protection system that analyzes each click to determine if it is fraudulent or genuine.
    If they figure out that the clicks are fraudulent then they will stop the spammers and protect you. But you have a duty to protect yourself too
    * Use Bid Management software
    If you have selected the Overture FixedBid solution from Overture, then y ou will be relegated downwards if your competitor bids higher.
    If you know any other tips or suggestion, you can share with me, it will useful for everyone, thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Nice little self-promotion, there "Rebeka."

I hope you didn't come here to spam the forum.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    ...I hope you didn't come here to spam the forum.
    Nah - no way. Pass the please.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecka Rilee
    Thank you for your generosity! Without posts like yours, I would lose my inspiration to .

-sfcom

Online Marketing Consultant
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made a valid attempt at a helpful first post, so take this as constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecka Rilee
    * Do not go over the TOP
    T-O-P here stands for Top Overture Position. The top three rankings on Overture will cost you a bomb - they charge upwards of $ 4 per click! And if you start getting over 500-1000 clicks daily, you will lose money.
    * Choose the type of your bids
    This is not true, you can find plenty of high conversion keywords which are also searched hundreds and thousands of times weekly for under $0.45, which is also just the max you are willing to pay. It is keyword selection that is key.

There are two kinds of bids on Overture: AutoBid and FixedBid. In the AutoBid system you can set your maximum bid amount. Assume you have set $ 5 per click as the maximum bid amount, but are actually paying $ 3 because this is the price as per demand vs supply criterion.
    You should really think about what you wrote here and think if it has been explained in full, correctly or if you want to give further detail about the actual two.....maybe start with Yahoo!'s definitions and then define the differences if you want it to be usefull for the community.

* Avoiding click fraud on Overture
    Overture carries a click protection system that analyzes each click to determine if it is fraudulent or genuine.
    If they figure out that the clicks are fraudulent then they will stop the spammers and protect you. But you have a duty to protect yourself too
    You talk about protecting yourself from click fraud, but you give zero reasons on how to do it....Just saying to do it isn't enough for a readable post or to get credibility, if you know about how to protect yourself or ways to protect your budget, (which there are some techniques and tricks to lower fraud) ,,,,write those following your statement.

* Use Bid Management software
    If you have selected the Overture FixedBid solution from Overture, then y ou will be relegated downwards if your competitor bids higher.
    Why don't you reccomend some bid management software and how they are effective, why each one stands out from the other and why they would be better for Yahoo than Google or Ask or MSN, etc... Personally, I use no software as I like to do it the old fashion way. Also the way all of my campaigns are set up there is zero need for software. Learning to do that comes with time and creativity.

If you know any other tips or suggestion, you can share with me, it will useful for everyone, thank you
    Here's a tip, read the tutorial I wrote on here about PPC for product secific campaigns, then follow up with posts by Donuts, Uncle Scooter and some of the other generous and extremely bright ABW members. Then come back here and make this a post worth reading by the community and get them coming back to for more info again and again.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94601

A second tip is that if you are posting about a specific search engine's PPC, put it in that engines forum, this should be in Yahoo!'s and not Pay Per Click. Makes it easier for people to find and reference in the future.

Welcome to ABW, and you may want to make an introduction in the introduce yourself forum after you read the TOS so you don't get in any trouble.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Check the OP's profile and you'll see that Rebecka is a rep from a PPC company that's so new it isn't even on SiteAdvisor's radar yet. She's just trying to do the cheapskate merchant thing here by posting something ostensibly useful. But it wasn't particularly useful anyway.

EDIT: Never mind. Clicked the "product" links on that web site and they're all affiliate links. So this is not a cheapskate merchant, it's someone who wants us to click their affiliate links.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    You are either new to PPC and therefore very naive, in which case your first post was well intended OR - Yahoo has gone off the deep end in a desperate attempt to plant shills who promote $4 bids. LOL

In the event that you are just an innocent newbie trying to put your best foot forward, you would really benefit from Adam's advice above, and then follow it up by using the search function here at ABW to research numerous threads on the topic of PPC. This community will know which scenario applies here based on your longevity and topic contributions.

If you indeed were well intentioned, welcome to ABW and thank you for providing some chuckles to the old salts, who I'm sure scratched their heads in disbelief when they read your post.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Check the OP's profile and you'll see that Rebecka is a rep from a PPC company that's so new it isn't even on SiteAdvisor's radar yet. She's just trying to do the cheapskate merchant thing here by posting something ostensibly useful. But it wasn't particularly useful anyway.

EDIT: Never mind. Clicked the "product" links on that web site and they're all affiliate links. So this is not a cheapskate merchant, it's someone who wants us to click their affiliate links.
    Shoot!!! and I was just about to log in to our Yahoo account and put all my bids at $4.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Did you notice the useless graphic that was posted? That's an indication of someone on a phishing expedition. User wants to see what permissions she has as a newbie. That was just one of the clues. Others include peculiar spellings of first and last names.

What can I say? I have a suspicious mind.

Surely, i'm not making spam on your forum, just i wanna share my knowledge with you, yes i have my own ppc site, but i'm not using that, take my tips, for your purpose , thank you for all to wrote a reply for me, thanks a lot

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Your tips are outdated and have mistakes.

If you're sharing you're knowledge, it's very topical, incorrect at times and commonly available in the Yahoo help files - perhaps you need to visit those pages and brush up.

You've copied an article from your site and pasted it here as link bait, a strategy that doesn't work here - we weren't born yesterday.

Welcome to ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    we weren't born yesterday. Welcome to ABW.
    Maybe YOU were't but this snook catching master of all things aquatic sure was. Now if I can just remember when yesterday was.....

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread