At the risk of teeing off people here.. about blooming time too. Prescription medicines should be done by a doctor.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Like all drug pushers ...profits are high and the ethics are low.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I would be very scared to have a myrxbiz.com site. I wonder if that is why they operate that way, to shift the trouble to the affiliate?

Scary.

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Prescription medicines should be done by a doctor.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't agree at all.

Too many of them seem to stop learning sheet the second they manage to get a diploma, apparently in the belief that the diploma exempts them from having to learn about any new treatments! There have been a few instances where I knew more than the doctor about a new drug or procedure and when I mention a (medically reputable) source, they say they'll have to read about it!!! GAK! If they don't even know about it, but I already *have* at least read about it--WHAT DO I NEED TO PAY THEM FOR?!?

Oh yeah, it's because of the bogus monopoly they have managed to get on prescriptions.

Bah.

It should be the RIGHT of every citizen to be able to do something by themselves, *to themselves*, if they believe themselves to be competent in the field.

But then, the people would also have to take responsibility for their own actions if it turned out that they weren't as competent as they thought they were. I have no problem with that. At least if *I* buck it up there isn't the added salt-in-the-wound of having had to *pay* someone who hasn't opened a med book in 30 years (but darned well should have!) for that result.

--Person who has run into way too many totally clueless doctors!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I dunno the answer to drug distribution, but, doctors should be required to test yearly or something... some of these guys ... ugh ..

Sounds like they only had problems because they were unlicensed. Aren't most of the online pharm. licensed? Whether it be in Canada or wherever...

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

Selling prescription drugs without a prescription is definitely a crime. This is case is completely unlike the established internet pharmacies which sell pursuant to a prescription.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Bob Hope

ABW Ambassador
    haha. a "presecription" .. by their "staff doctor" ..

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

I never used an online pharmacy but I had thought you had to get the perscription from your own doctor and instead of going to walgreens you went online to get it filled.

Yet another reason not to go for co-branding programs in grey areas

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

Here's a topical item from today's BBC News:

Patients warned over internet drugs

Reports of an interesting survey of online pharmacies in different countries.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Prescription medicines should be done by a doctor.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be the RIGHT of every citizen to be able to do something by themselves, *to themselves*, if they believe themselves to be competent in the field.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In case of health, this should not be the case when drugs/medicines are involved. The reason? Very simple. Your use of drugs impacts the health of other people, not just your own. Let me give you just one quick example. If, for example, you take antibiotics which weren't prescribed by your doctor (or even if you take antibiotics which were prescribed by your doctor, but you don't take the administered doses), there is a big chance that the bacteria will develop resistance to this treatment, and the drug you have used will no longer be able to cure you. Now the problem is that this does not only impact you, but other people with a similar condition. This is one of the reasons why bacteria are getting so resistant and that new treatments must be searched for in labs. There was a time when Penicillin could attack almost any bacteria. This no longer is true.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread