This looks bad
    Apparently CJ's servers are down.

*********DOTnet
    *******DOTcom
    *******DOTcom

Those three are giving can't find server errors.

Anyone else seeing this or is at regional/local/individual issue?

anrd****,tkq***,jdq***

*Damn forum won't let me post which ones. lol You can probably figure it out though.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; November 27th, 2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: The domains are blocked on purpose.

ABW Ambassador
    They are all working fine. You likely have some security software on your computer or network that is blocking the links. If you determine what it is, please let us know.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for the heads-up, but there's a reason the software won't allow you to post the domains. Please edit your post to remove them. (All you have to do is put the first two letters of the domain and we can figure out the rest.)

I hadn't noticed that CJ's servers were down but I had noticed that I wasn't getting any sales which is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    They are all working fine. You likely have some security software on your computer or network that is blocking the links. If you determine what it is, please let us know.
    No security software on this puter blocking the links in any way. I've never had a problem with this in the past.

Seems odd, but I recall similar problems in the past that were regional in nature.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker
    Seems odd, but I recall similar problems in the past that were regional in nature.
    I'm not seeing any problems here. What is your region and also what browser(s) are you using and who is your ISP?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Seems fine here too. Hate to ask the obvious but have you rebooted your computer to make sure it isn't you?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Upper midwest on charter. Using FF, but going to check it on IE.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Had been on Safari and just tried FF. Both still ok in SoCal.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Seems fine here too. Hate to ask the obvious but have you rebooted your computer to make sure it isn't you?
    Just got the first blue screen of death in I don't know how long, so yes it's been restarted. lol

Still nothing on those domains only. All other sites work fine.

Same thing on IE.

Only thing I can think of, other than a regional/local problem is possibly Avast started blocking them in a recent update. That seems unlikely though.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    CJ links are working here (So Cal) - just a little slow.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Access your site through www.hidemyass.com and then click on the effected links. Are they working?

Avast found a trojan horse when using hidemyass. lol I think I'll avoid that.

ABW Ambassador
    I've used hidemyass without any problems. The trojan, the link problems, the blue screen of death, looks like you got some bad stuff on your computer that's causing all of this.

edit - I just checked those domains and they're fine for me.

The blue screen was caused by a bit of an overload I think. lol Got it when I opened up IE. After the restart it has been working fine. That's also the first I've seen Avast flag something like that.

btw-I just put the affiliate link by itself in hidemyass. Just goes back to the hidemyass homepage. Weird....

Edit-And now I get this when clicking the link after accessing the page through hidemyass;

URL Error (0): An error has occured while trying to browse through the proxy.
    Failed to connect to the specified host. Possible problems are that the server was not found, the connection timed out, or the connection refused by the host. Try connecting again and check if the address is correct.

*Yes, the link is correct.

**No trojan this time. lol

ABW Ambassador
    Has to be on your end somewhere since it doesn't look like others are seeing the same thing. I have Charter too and they're working.

Ok, I see what the problem is I believe.

Some kind of damn adware managed to sneak it's way on here. Now I'm getting new windows popping open with ebay and such coming up while it is blocking access to my links.

Time to try and track this down....

Sorry about the false warning.

*What's really odd is the windows were not popping open earlier. Just started a few minutes ago.

ABW Ambassador
    "Sorry about the false warning."

That's alright. It's good to post to compare notes and try to figure out if the problem is on your end or CJs.

Spybot is running trying to find the problem. No idea how it managed to get on this puter as I don't download anything for the most part.

Stroker,

Since you have Avast installed, you might want to try scheduling a boot-time scan from the Avast user interface.

Here's a handy little guide if you're not sure how to accomplish this: http://www.schmahl.net/cr/avastbootscan.htm?print=1

You mentioned you're just now getting popups, I'd say it's likely you have a trojan that's downloading and installing adware on it's own. Running Spybot is only going to remove the adware, not the trojan (in most cases).

You also might want to try running a free online scan at trendmicro to check system vulnerabilities once Avast is finished and your system reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    You likely have some security software on your computer or network that is blocking the links. If you determine what it is, please let us know.
    I have an affiliate that's having trouble with CJ links. She has a computer with Trend Mictro PC-cillan Internet Security. When she clicks through she gets a warning that says "You have attempted to open a dangerous website." The URL is the CJ URL.

CJ said they were working to get the CJ servers "white listed" but has taken a lot of our links down because she's worried about her customers receiving errors.

I don't think a large % of people have Trend Micro - but she's concerned nonetheless. And so am I!

Thoughts? Thanks in advance, ~K

Quote Originally Posted by TruthToPower
    Stroker,

Since you have Avast installed, you might want to try scheduling a boot-time scan from the Avast user interface.

Here's a handy little guide if you're not sure how to accomplish this: http://www.schmahl.net/cr/avastbootscan.htm?print=1

You mentioned you're just now getting popups, I'd say it's likely you have a trojan that's downloading and installing adware on it's own. Running Spybot is only going to remove the adware, not the trojan (in most cases).

You also might want to try running a free online scan at trendmicro to check system vulnerabilities once Avast is finished and your system reboots.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give that a try. Neither Spybot nor Adaware found anything, and Avast also finds nothing amiss. Possibly it's a very new trojan or something..... (I don't really know much about viruses and trojans and their removal as I generally don't download anything that is questionable in any way)

I do have an idea where it came from though. Was checking out the serps and clicked on a .cn. Didn't click anything on the site but apparently that was enough.

fun fun fun

Quote Originally Posted by kmacbc
    I have an affiliate that's having trouble with CJ links. She has a computer with Trend Mictro PC-cillan Internet Security. When she clicks through she gets a warning that says "You have attempted to open a dangerous website." The URL is the CJ URL.

CJ said they were working to get the CJ servers "white listed" but has taken a lot of our links down because she's worried about her customers receiving errors.

I don't think a large % of people have Trend Micro - but she's concerned nonetheless. And so am I!

Thoughts? Thanks in advance, ~K
    I'm not at all surprised CJ domains are being blocked as spam or adware...

This would be a non issue if CJ would get out of bed with the parasites and adware merchants. The reason they are being listed by anti-adware and virus companies is because they love the large affiliates with questionable (at best) marketing practices. Can't have your cake and eat it too CJ!
    Last edited by TruthToPower; November 28th, 2007 at 06:47 PM.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread