Offline until....
    Since I continue to stay broke and in debt month after month, I'm having to cut some stuff out of my life for the time being. One of those things being my internet connection, and possible Comcast all together. That would save me $100/month. Right now that's a lot to me.

My current bill is due soon and will have it shut down then.

See you when I see you.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    $100/mo for the internet!?
    *Makes note not to move to Mobile*

And...turn off the INTERNET?! Oh, the horror! Surely you have something you can sell to get the money! A car, your house...a kidney!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Why don't you get something like a Net Zero $9.95/month plan for the time being?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    How about a temp job? Stores are hiring for the holiday season, too. Shoot, I'd rather get a job than lose my internet connection. Damn, I'd give up beer before I'd lose my internet connection. Not toothpaste, though.

Keep in touch. Let us know how you're doing.

ABW Ambassador
    Or PeoplePC for $5.47/mo 1st 3 months.

I'd give up just about anything else before my internet connection. It's my connection to my family, friends, and my business. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I hope things pick up for you soon on the affiliate front. Let us know if we can help out in any way! Good luck!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

He might mean Comcast all together including Cable & phone service.

MobileBadBoy -- please don't disappear entirely! Find some cheap ISP that will get you online -- even if for a few month trial period. Your desire to kick the debt is awesome, but hopefully you can stay online -- I'd guess several of us would chip in to keep you online for a few months while you straighten things out!!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Sucks to be in debt to the point of having to give up your Internet connection.

Wishing you a surprise shower of money! Visualize 100 dollar bills falling out of the sky onto your head. When it starts to feel good, thank the universe for providing you that feeling. This can actually work. Another "universe" trick is to write down what you want and then ask for the universe to help make it happen (out loud). Hell, ask for everyone you can think of to help make it happen.

You've got us rooting for you and sending those positive money vibes your way, too. The more energy flow you get, the better. :-)

A j*b isn't the worse thing in the world. When you need a paycheck, you need one. Action will help a lot more than not taking action. (When you're going through hell, keep moving ...) I'm sure you will find a j*b easily and get the pressure off your back.

Meanwhile, if you have to go to a library to get online, that's an option. Make sure to visit us and fill us in on what's happening!

HUGS!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I found this on NetZero's site that will at least keep you online for a little bit each month (10 hours), and it's free!!

I hope that helps a wee bit. Will keep looking out for some options for you.
    KK

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    The Netzero is a good idea if he plans on keeping his phone line. If he uses Comcast for a phone as well.....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Shawn,

Left you a message on your cell ... call me ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Shawn

PM me your site - I'll give you an honest critique and some tips

Edited to add: Er... Not the blog site or the site about your truck - lol - the site that sells stuff

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hang tough Shawn. You are a good guy and where there is a will - there is a way. From this experience you can emerge and end up better than you were during your previous good days online, so hang in there and rebuild young man.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Kinsey
    I found this on NetZero's site that will at least keep you online for a little bit each month (10 hours), and it's free!!
    I hope that helps a wee bit. Will keep looking out for some options for you.
    Very thoughtful Kristin. You are a sweetie!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

It is difficult when you are faced with having to "downsize" your life.

Do you have a library near by that has internet? The libraries in my area all have internet access and all you need is a library card and then you are able to use their computers to log into the internet. Free of charge.

This may be a way to stay in touch with family and friends.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Shawn, will PM you.
    EDIT: Can't PM or email you as you have blocked that feature.

I will be driving by Mobile today and if you are off I4, I do not mind meeting you for an hour or so before I get on my trip to Houston. 14 hr drive, AM I EXCITED
    CELL: eight three two-876- nine six 22

I can help you with some site critique or extend a small loan to help with the ISP for a couple of months to you to help you get on your feet. In return, promisary note, biz plan and update report until loan is paid off. I am not looking for interest.

$100 bucks sound like a full package net + cable solution. Why not cut down to the basic. I was paying $45 for 512mb and basic cable in orlando and I was grubmling about it already.

Here is an option too, work for places like panara bread or places with free wifi.

I appreciate all the offers to help pay or loan me money, but that's not why I posted. If I can't pay my bills that's my problem not anyone elses. I was off for a few days but I'm back up and running for now (minus a couple of nascar collectibles, heh). I just wanted to let everyone know that if I wasn't around that was why.

I have no phone line, not even a phone line modem, so dialup is not an option.

Not sure I want to be online that badly anyway, lol.

And, yeah, the $100 is cable TV + cable internet.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread