Hey check out this thread Hobbytron, they just dropped ebates, we just told him about them, thought everyone should know in case they want to say thanks or are looking for a good toy merchant, they have great numbers compared to ehobbies, etoys, etc.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Qball I aggree that both eHobbies and eToys/KBtoys are non converting merchants. I get a lot of traffic to my Hobby Remote/Control model pages and tried to feature HobbyTron when Overstock & Walmart stopped producing sales.

YTD: Hobbytron.com $0.00 0 0 640 48,459 0.012 $0.00 0.000 $0.00

They have Keep cookie set to NO...as in no repeat sales if they report one!

They have never answered my e-mails and obviously suck for conversions on targeted traffic. Whoever you do decide to promote for toys and hobbies the Yahoo storefront CJ merchants all suck as I don't trust the custom CJ interface to report sales works with all these upgrades.

Example ABC123 discount toys has never shown a sale since last November on 916 clicks and carries a lifetime EPC under $.50.

Invite the Hobbytron AM over here and let the ABWers kick them into shape as this verticle and the Nursery -Golf -sporting goods merchants all need to be forced to get out of the advertising business and learn how to make their affiliate forces SELL products with landing pages. Bunch of Ad wank AM's seem to run these verticles into the ground as none of the 3 networks show a single winner.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike,
    They definately report sales, as I won a couple contests they ran over the holidays and Troy, their affiliate manager, has always replied to my emails the same day. He just found out about ebates, and probably doesn't realize about the cookie issue, since CJ didn't really inform anyone about it. I'm sure once we give him a good reasoned argument he will consider changing it, so lets not tar and feather him yet.
    Here's my numbers for this year $362.78 75 sales on 5,750 clicks and my December was 1,511.26 242 sales on 3,383 clicks. So they do convert and convert pretty good for me, this year has been slower but hopefully dumping ebates will fix that.

ABW Ambassador
    Just another merchant Mike promotes where there is a coupon available that he won't use. Once he learns to utilize the tools merchants have to convert sales, just maybe he will start to convert. Doesn't want to ruin his rep as the worst converting affiliate ever. I do well with Hobbytron and highly recommend them.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread