ABW Ambassador
    Friend termnated: CarDoman no more? What's with AutoAnything and DoubleClick?
    A friend of mine got a notice that his affiliation with cardomain.com has been terminated. But his links are still working fine (through PopShops, the ones I clicked), though they're "invalid clicks" in his report in the CJ interface.

I looked at their site, and everything goes through what appears to be an ad network - to a subdomain of AutoAnything.com Plus there are BIG banner adverts going to other sites, also through networks. A big leaderboard going through DoubleClick.
    Take a look:

http://www.cardomain.com/

>>NeedForSpeed.com banner on the top, going through DoubleClick.
    >>Wild Ride Sweepstakes - DoubleClick.
    >>Two others on the right top going elsewhere, including their "new store" on the subdomain and Crutchfield, their "trusted partner."
    >>And more on other pages...

What's up with them? Why say he's terminated and then the CJ clicks still work from his site and go to their pages? What's the story there? Are they shining my buddy on, or gaming affiliates and CJ or what?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    yep it was me. I had 5 sales there last month and just happened to check invalid links tonight and found out I was terminated on 11/2. Sent them an email that is listed on their cj account it came back undeliverable. Yet all links still work instead of the typical CJ error coming up. Needless to say this is very alarming as this was one of my top merchants last month.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    When merchants terminate an aff, the links keep working.
    The only time the links quit working (go to the gray screen) is if the merchant's no longer active at CJ.
    I think this setup is pretty bogus, but that's how CJ's always done things, to the best of my knowledge.

As for this twist of all of CarDomain's links going to AutoAnything, that seems to be another layer of bogusness on top of the usual link setup. It definitely isn't proper! But, some affiliate programs prefer to actively terminate all their affs before they go ahead and close program, so it's too early to call it "gaming" just yet. If they're still showing as active after a week or two, I would be a lot more suspicious.

They sent an email last month stating they were done, no more aff. program.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    When merchants terminate an aff, the links keep working.
    The only time the links quit working (go to the gray screen) is if the merchant's no longer active at CJ.
    I think this setup is pretty bogus, but that's how CJ's always done things, to the best of my knowledge.
    Ditto on that!! That is shitty all rite. I have a test site and some banners, etc for CJ. I did not make any $$ with them for about 6 month and they terminated my account. Links are still working and traffic is being directed through. So the merchant are getting free traffic while I am not in their program. I so make some $$ via LS links with my test site, just enough to cover web hosting.

The only time when that fails is when the merchant pulls the plug on the program.

Hi all,

As you may know I am the Affiliate manager for AutoAnything, we announced our new partnership with Car Domain November 1st. We will be powering Car Domain's new accessory store, and the official new web site will launch in a couple of months.

I can't speak as to Car Domain closing their CJ account, but we are working closely with them to allow their affiliates to transition over to the AutoAnything program (if they want to). All the Car Domain affiliates should be getting emails from me and my team during this week.

We were only given a list of affiliate names that had a sale for Car Domain in the last 6 months, so I apologize if we don't get in touch with all the affiliates.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions - I'll be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

Thanks,

Nadia

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnypi
    Hi all,

As you may know I am the Affiliate manager for AutoAnything, we announced our new partnership with Car Domain November 1st. We will be powering Car Domain's new accessory store, and the official new web site will launch in a couple of months.

I can't speak as to Car Domain closing their CJ account, but we are working closely with them to allow their affiliates to transition over to the AutoAnything program (if they want to). All the Car Domain affiliates should be getting emails from me and my team during this week.

We were only given a list of affiliate names that had a sale for Car Domain in the last 6 months, so I apologize if we don't get in touch with all the affiliates.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions - I'll be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

Thanks,

Nadia
    Someone on your team needs to put a stop to CarDomains having any valid links on Commission Junction. Till then prove your paying out commissions on all those links to your ecatalog subdomain inside every page at cardomain.com Is http://cardomain.autoanything.com/ just a huge traffic drain and leak from nav links at Cardomain.com? Look like CarDomain.com is just an affiliate of autoanything using some non-CJ link tracking.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike you bumped an old post, the Cardomain program is closed on CJ. Has been for a while. If you look it says Advertiser Expired.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread