What do you do when you just have one specific product you would like to promote
    have one specific product you would like to promote?

Do you create a landing page with an affiliate link to that product or do you just redirect right to the advertisor sales page?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by Trust; November 29th, 2007 at 05:21 AM.

It depends but usually I create an optimized page for that product and then write a review or some factual information (some sort of content) for the product.

I would also utilize a text link to the merhchant's sites that would have anchored text (What you're optimizing for).

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    It depends but usually I create an optimized page for that product and then write a review or some factual information (some sort of content) for the product.

I would also utilize a text link to the merhchant's sites that would have anchored text (What you're optimizing for).
    As a customer I'd probably be a bit uneasy if there was a php redirect on the landing page. Instead I have seen other affiliates just create a nice landing page with a main link that goes to the merchant

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I think you are better off creating a landing page where you build some trust in the product.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's basically what I do for especially promising products, only instead of an impartial-looking review, I use blatant promotional spin. (NOT a clickbank-style page though! Just normal formatting.)

Then I send PPC clicks to that page, unless the engines are being nice.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread