Linux OS & CJ Tracking
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced a CJ tracking issue (as in not tracking at all ) on Linux machines? I only have a small sample of transactions to go on, but so far I'm 0-2 on known sales being tracked when a Linux user makes a purchase through a CJ link.

A few months ago a friend made a business card purchase through Vista Print while on a Linux machine and the purchase didn't track. I wasn't too concerned about this at the time because it would only have been maybe a buck or two in commission and I really wasn't promoting the merchant much at all.

I forgot all about that episode until the other day when another friend using Linux purchased a 22 inch flat screen monitor through Newegg. He cleared his cookies before clicking through from my link to be sure there were no previous Newegg cookies from prior purchases on his PC, plus he also verified that my affiliate ID was present in the URL string, but this sale has not shown up in CJ either. Both of these purchases were made using the firefox for Linux browser.

Does anyone else have some other experience/feedback with more data tracking CJ sales coming from Linux machines? Am I the only one experiencing a tracking issue on Lunux machines?
    Last edited by TruthToPower; November 29th, 2007 at 03:00 AM.

Wow, guess I really am the only one experiencing this issue...yikes

Have you contacted CJ/Newegg about it?

I suggest "Asking a Question" through CJ and providing them the page, steps taken to complete the sale.

i.e. The exact text link or banner your friend clicked through. They can tell you if a.) the link on the site is tracking at all.

Do you see clicks / impressions from the AID (link id) in the CJ system?

Have you allowed enough time for the sale to appear? i.e. You'll notice a lot of posts on ABW with regard to how slow CJ can be. Plus, advertisers are able to choose if they want "real time" or "batch processed" sales.

If NewEgg is batch - they might not have submitted they data yet for CJ to then process

If NewEgg is real time - "real time" can be up to a few hours delay (again refer to posts...)

Definitely contact NewEgg with your concern. The Affiliate Mgr can probably expedite this kind of issue to CJ especially if there's any concern that an operating system or browser would be interfering with tracking.

Hope this helps, ~K

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread