Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Announcing New Merchants
    I was reading another thread that talked about which network would get a merchant the most affiliates quickly. Most people seemed to think the Big 3 would do better.

I am way more active with the others for reasons that will change. However, those 3 notify me every single time they add a merchant and I am invited to join those programs.

I am not sure if SAS notifies affiliates when new merchants are signed up or not. I don't get those notifications if they are being sent.

But, if you're not, it might be a good selling point to merchants knowing you will send an email blast to all of your affiliates introducing them and possibly contacting some of the bigger players when the new merchant is specific to their niches. And I think your affiliates would appreciate a quick note telling us about new merchants we might want to add.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    "However, those 3 notify me every single time they add a merchant and I am invited to join those programs."

? I don't get that with Linkshare. I have to click new merchants every now and then to see.

I don't get that with CJ. I can see new ones when I login.

Performics, I only see posts here of new merchants. I click new merchants there too to see if there are any new ones.

I did suggest in the past SAS have a newsletter like some other networks do and they could feature new merchants in it. I do think they have RSS notification of new merchants tho.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Couple of things to recommend...

1. For new merchant notification, there is an RSS feed that goes out, and is updated each time there is a new merchant activation. There are a couple of other RSS feeds that you may be interested in as well so I would suggest going to the "RSS Feeds" page, under the "Tools" menu from within your affiliate account.

2. We are planning a more formal newsletter as well but shouldn't be expected prior to 2008....

3. We have a "Merchant Focus" string that has a thread here at ABW as well as the blog entries... to be honest, this didn't seem to be received that well - but I thought the entries were pretty good... if you haven't read through there it might be worth a quick skim as there are some really good quality merchants in there.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Performics, I only see posts here of new merchants. I click new merchants there too to see if there are any new ones.
    Performics does send new merchant notifications. You might check your account preferences.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Performics does send new merchant notifications. You might check your account preferences.
    I get them daily from Pfx.

I, too, would like to be notified via email of all new merchants on SAS. I've yet to implement any RSS feeds and maybe others don't rely on them as much either. I'm sure once someone gets used to RSS feeds it's a no-brainer. I just avoid any additional tech learning curves as much as possible.

I know tis was discussed at the first Think Tank and was then complicated by diverse merchant/OPM/affiliate preferences, but I think notifying affiliates of new programs via email is a good idea and also notifying specific affiliates of niche merchants that fit their verticals and niche markets is also a good idea. I would welcome this information from SAS.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I get an email from pfx apparently each time they set up a new merchant but I'm not sure I would like SAS to do the same ... they have nearly 100 new merchants this month and I'm sure I wouldn't want that many emails about it. A weekly email might be better or even one for every 5 new merchants. Too many emails and they start getting ignored.

Sue.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread